• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Preseason Rankings - Coaches Poll

#36 LINK

Oregon Ducks are unranked too (#34). And once again, Penn St is way overrated.

Buckeyes #2
Penn St #6
Michigan #9
Wiskey #10
----------------------
NW #35
Huskers #36 (23 votes)
Gophers #51
Birds #52
Terps and Spartans #57
Penn State's not overrated, they're right where they should be. Conference champions who only lost by 3 points to a top-10 team in the Rose Bowl SHOULD be rated highly. They've proven that they deserve to be thought highly of. Now, I don't like that situation, since I hate PSU, but to say they're overrated is just silly.

come on man, not last year, we lost 3 games to perennial power houses because of poor QB play brought on by injuries. Even a healthy TA would have beaten Iowa, Wisky was a Toss up and OSU was just OSU being the bully. LOL. Our real trouble with Wisky is just bad luck.......:Banghead: Two years in a row.

We are a little snake-bit with Wiscy although we have beaten them in the past. I don't think it's bad luck--I think they are in our head. Last year sucked for sure.

Come on, Suhp! Everybody cares where we're ranked. If we want to move up we need to be in a spot where that's possible!

They're in a perfect position to get in the 15-25 range by year end. I think most on here would be happy with that this season.

Yes, we beat NW but lose to teams like Illinois and Purdoo. So there's that. Winning consistently will take care of the crap rankings. It would be good to start that this year.
You are so clueless that you think nu lost to Illinois and purdue last year. Are you just trolling or are you that stupid?

This ranking has Texas 20 as I see it, and this is the same team that lost to Kansas late last year. So....

Yes, we beat NW but lose to teams like Illinois and Purdoo. So there's that. Winning consistently will take care of the crap rankings. It would be good to start that this year.
we lost to Illinois and Purdue once, 2 years ago.

And this conundrum of who we should beat every year in and year out, is the interesting and fun thing about sports. As a Husker fan, would it get old if we won every year, and I mean literally, every year? Well no actually, it wouldn't, but that isn't realistic now is it. We are going to lose to OSU, and we are going to lose to Rutgers, what it really boils down to and what really matters in Husker Nation, is how many times in a row and how badly.

We've had way more than our fair share of awesome wins, but lately, we've been wearing the other shoe. I believe, and without my rose colored glasses on, that Riley and Co. have already righted the ship, and now, it's time to really sail that ship baby..... The future looks bright for the Scarlet and Cream. GBR.

Pre-season rankings are kind of fun of fun and usually pretty accurate. But the pre-season rankings can't stop NU from winning games. I am certain that if NU wins its first 13 games, they will be in the play offs.

The only active HC coaches who have won a NC are Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney and Jimbo Fisher. If you want to bet that one of them won't win it again this year, I think the odds would be against you.

Last edited:
I think the key point being made by those who did the polls was that NU was still an afterthought when considering the best teams in the country. That's about right, until we prove otherwise. But as for specific rankings (i.e., 36, not 28 or 42) the polls don't really care. As I said before, the obvious flaw in this one is Texas ranked number 20.

I think the key point being made by those who did the polls was that NU was still an afterthought when considering the best teams in the country. That's about right, until we prove otherwise. But as for specific rankings (i.e., 36, not 28 or 42) the polls don't really care. As I said before, the obvious flaw in this one is Texas ranked number 20.
Its a what have you done for me lately thing. Lose 2 out of 3 in the final polls, you will be out of luck in the coming year. We have to play our way into a top ten ranking and win a bowl.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back