• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost in the news

At Nebraska our former players come back to help at camps.... other schools alum sue because they have their pictures shown? Nebraska nice.:cool:

I agree, it's pretty weak. But wouldn't you have thought that UCF would've made a phone call or sent a formal letter? I thought most of this stuff is run through legal in today's world...

The level of greed by those whom have been so fortunate is utterly amazing. Dude should be singing blessings instead of searching for yet another payday. Total piece of crap IMO.

Have to disagree. Simply because I'm guessing all it would have taken is one phone call and I'm sure he would have had no problem with it. If I were a former player this would probably irk me a bit too. Just because someone goes to a school it doesn't give them the right to use their image, likeness, etc however they see fit.

Maybe there should be a clause in the scholarship allowing the school use the image of recipients in the future for promotional material.

Last edited:
Have to disagree. Simply because I'm guessing all it would have taken is one phone call and I'm sure he would have had no problem with it. If I were a former player this would probably irk me a bit too. Just because someone goes to a school it doesn't give them the right to use their image, likeness, etc however they see fit.
Couldn't disagree more. To each his own. Maybe the school should have never recruited him and MADE the opportunity availabe for him to become rich also. Why would someone be irked at a place that helped make them rich beyond belief? GREED, and plenty of it. Dude should be bowing down and singing the praises. So many people have their priorities out of whack.

If the dude was really upset, unless he had a bad experience at UCF, I think a letter from his attorney asking to be removed from promotional material unless compensation was forthcoming would have been appropriate. Maybe he is not planning on making the team this year and figures he needs some cash.

If the dude was really upset, unless he had a bad experience at UCF, I think a letter from his attorney asking to be removed from promotional material unless compensation was forthcoming would have been appropriate. Maybe he is not planning on making the team this year and figures he needs some cash.
Unless compensation was forthcoming? LOL. Maybe he should be thankful for the blessing he received? Oftentimes in life, in fact most times, people who've been quite successful in life, forget where their break came from. Whether born into it, getting a bank to say yes to a loan, getting the hiring manager to say yes to you, getting someone, somehow, someway, somewhere, to believe in you, goes for naught. They think, I DID THIS, when really, somewhere, they received a HUGE BLESSING.

In this case, seems like pure greed. If he was that concerned, maybe he should have just called UCF himself and said hey, I'm grateful for you, but could you please use someone else? Can't stand pure trash like this cat and millions more.

Last edited:

Unless compensation was forthcoming? LOL. Maybe he should be thankful for the blessing he received? Oftentimes in life, in fact most times, people who've been quite successful in life, forget where their break came from. Whether born into it, getting a bank to say yes to a loan, getting the hiring manager to say yes to you, getting someone, somehow, someway, somewhere, to believe in you, goes for naught. They think, I DID THIS, when really, somewhere, they received a HUGE BLESSING.

In this case, seems like pure greed. If he was that concerned, maybe he should have just called UCF himself and said hey, I'm grateful for you, but could you please use someone else? Can't stand pure trash like this cat and millions more.

I agree with you on this topic I guess I should have expressed myself better. Guy was given a free education and a vehicle to make millions and he does this? My point though was IF he was upset he could have done something different to make his point without a lawsuit. Sometimes however people feel they are 'owed' something. Both he and UCF received something beneficial from their relationship but it was over. UCF could have asked him 'Can we use your likeness' but since they didn't he could have sent a letter. Both sides could have handled this better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back