• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

10 Wins?

Will the Huskers win 10 games in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters

I would say that Wilson took the pressure off of their running game.....:Banana:. I think you are going to see improvement in the running game simply because the defense is going to have alot of field to cover. If they put 7 or 8 in the box, they will pay. Lee is not a rookie who never took a snap.:Popcorn:
I suppose you can convince yourself of anything before the fact.

I expect to do better than 6-6. 8-4 would be my guess, but it is easy to understand the logic. And thus far, both the ESPN model and early projections from Vegas have us picked in the 5-6 win area.

I have no idea what this means.

If you think Nebraska will win more than 6 games, you have to bet $125 to win $100. If you think Nebraska will win less than 6 games, you have to bet $105 to win $100. The standard "vig" is 10%, which is bet $110 to win $100.

In other words, it's a lot more expensive to bet that Nebraska will win over 6 games, so the book thinks the over is more likely. The implied probability of an event that requires a bet of $125 to win $100 is 55.56% vs. 51.22% for a bet of $105 to win $100.

If you think Nebraska will win more than 6 games, you have to bet $125 to win $100. If you think Nebraska will win less than 6 games, you have to bet $105 to win $100. The standard "vig" is 10%, which is bet $110 to win $100.

In other words, it's a lot more expensive to bet that Nebraska will win over 6 games, so the book thinks the over is more likely. The implied probability of an event that requires a bet of $125 to win $100 is 55.56% vs. 51.22% for a bet of $105 to win $100.
good to know. I never bet except with friends and those are usually for like a 6 pack.

There are so many question marks and unproven things about this Huskers team.

1- Will Tanner Lee live up to the hype?
2- Who is our running back?
3- Who is our TE and will he be affective?
4- After Stanley Morgan who will step up at WR?
5- The offensive line is supposed to be better, but will it actually be better?
6- Punting?
7- Special Teams in general?
8- We know who our nose guards are, but will they be affective?
9- Who are are best pass rushers?
10- How long will it take the Blackshirt to adjust to the 3-4 defense as a whole?

Let's keep in mind those are all legitimate questions that we don't know the answer to right now. That doesn't necessarily mean they are actual weaknesses for the team though. We just don't know the definitive answers yet. The answer to most of them could very well be positive when we look back at the end of the year. 10 wins might be lofty, but less that 6 wins is a slap in the face. They're basically saying we're going to lose to every Power 5 team that even has a chance to realistically make a bowl game. Here is might best attempt to answer each question, at least in my own opinion what the answer will eventually be.

1- Yes. If not this year, then next year.
2- Tre Bryant or Mikale Wilbon. Either one will be good, they could also make a solid 1-2 punch. Inevitably Ozigbo will become our bruising short yardage back.
3- Tyler Hoppes (Good pass catcher, not sure about blocker).
4- DPE will have good year as the #2 guy, JD Spielman is a youngster who is being over looked. Also, another 1 of those young guys will step up. They'll probably have a few drops, but make up for it with some explosive plays.
5- Yes...I hope.
6- Lightbourn is another year experienced, he'll be somewhat erratic, but improved from last year. Also, still has a big leg.
7- They will be better because of an extra emphasis being placed on them. Also, Wyatt Mazour will be very affective in the return game.
8- Stoltenberg will be able to rotate with Khalil Davis and the two of them together will do a good job.
9- The one question I don't have a projected answer too. My single biggest concern for the defense right now.
10- They'll be improved from last year. But to be fully adjusted will probably take a season or two.

9- The one question I don't have a projected answer too. My single biggest concern for the defense right now.

You could still pass for 18 if you really tried. Just change your name ... I think Rad Character would work well ... and bam! four more years of eligibility.

GET TICKETS

Back