• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost gets a raise and extension

Possible, not very likely though.... and also, this is a Scotty thread, not a Riley bashing thread, but thanks for playing.

LOL, it will be in the same ball park at least. You know me...

Sunshine%20pumper%202_zpsjq5vqrho.gif

C

The players love Frost and believe in what he is building. One senior I saw interviewed said it is a whole new culture and wish he had started in it.

True. SF will help his players succeed in the classroom and on the field. He is a coach that puts his players above himself. You won't see players leaving his program in droves. He's good and he deserves to be leading young men. But I can't say how many championships he will win. He is facing plenty of competition.

Last edited:
Help me out here. Are you saying that coaches that have won don't have a lot to prove? ...or better yet, define "won" in this case.
Even the great ones can't rest on their laurels. That's what makes them great, year after year, competing for championships.

Winning is winning, a lot. Championships. Always having a team competitive, even in a loss. Sometimes, you come up just short, but know you'll get them the next time.

Strange how some can turn a thread about Scot Frost into a target of opportunity for some Riley bashing...

On this thread it is MR apologists who are saying they are unimpressed with SF. So it seems logical to bring him up. And its not MR bashing. Its just stating facts...putting things in perspective.

UCF had the AAC champs on the ropes. Temple had to score a TD from their own 30 yard line with 32 seconds remaining in order to win. UCF decided to play the prevent defense and it didn't work. Very close to 7-6.

Last edited:
On this thread it is MR apologists who are saying they are unimpressed with SF. So it seems logical to bring him up. And its not MR bashing. Its just stating facts.
only in your head. Coaches can be judged on their own without being compared to a coach at a different level of play.

only in your head. Coaches can be judged on their own without being compared to a coach at a different level of play.

Or coaches can be compared to other coaches to put things in perspective. You can do it your way, and I'll do it my way....but whatever you do, don't knock the twist.

Last edited:
Or coaches can be compared to other coaches to put things in perspective. You can do it your way, and I'll do it my way....but whatever you do, don't knock the twist.
Is this your new idea of a clever tag line?
As to the topic I see nothing wrong with comparing P5 coaches to each other or comparing how a past coach vs a current coach do things. However comparing a coach with 20 years as a P5 coach to a 1 year G5 coach just seems like an apples to oranges comparison.

Is this your new idea of a clever tag line?
As to the topic I see nothing wrong with comparing P5 coaches to each other or comparing how a past coach vs a current coach do things. However comparing a coach with 20 years as a P5 coach to a 1 year G5 coach just seems like an apples to oranges comparison.

I thought I was comparing two FBS coaches to each other.

best-whatever-gif-222.gif

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back