• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Consensus 4-star CB Chase Williams is N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome news.

I notice that he wears glasses, and I haven't really thought about that before now, but what do they (glasses-wearers) do during games? I imagine contacts would be a dangerous proposition with all of the impacts, but are actual glasses any better? Do they have elastic banded glasses or prescription lenses for their helmet visors?

Awesome news.

I notice that he wears glasses, and I haven't really thought about that before now, but what do they (glasses-wearers) do during games? I imagine contacts would be a dangerous proposition with all of the impacts, but are actual glasses any better? Do they have elastic banded glasses or prescription lenses for their helmet visors?
Mike Brown wore glasses!

Nice announcement video. I especially liked a bunch of his teamates throwing the bones at the end of the video. The word's getting out!

Great news indeed!!! Welcome aboard Chase Williams, best wishes for an outstanding HUSKER career.

I don't mean to be the wet blanket here... but go back to the 2011 class and we had an even better start than we are having for the 2018 class. 8 of our 10 commitments before fall camp were a four star (5.8+) or above. We finished with a 3.45 avg. star rating. Currently we are at 5 of our 8 commitments being a four star or better. We just aren't going to get a 3.63 average. Go look at last years final rankings and the teams that finished at or over that 3.63... Michigan barely did it.

all per Rivals
I know this is all in hindsight, but things like this (2011 class) really show what a poor judge of talent and character our former coach was. It also shows how incorrect the ratings services can be at times. I trust MR's staff will have far fewer 4-star misses than our past coach, but only time will tell.

I love getting all of these early commits, and they are all coming from guys who seem to be at or near the top of the staff's "board". No filler yet in this class!

With the success we are having so far, I really hope we can find an ethical way to get the class size up to at least 20. Otherwise, we will be turning down guys that we should never turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back