• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Consensus 4-star CB Chase Williams is N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major problem is right :Biggrin:.

USC is always going to get the guys they need/want to out West.. but Nebraska is definitely starting to frustrate some of the other teams that rely on guys like just like Williams to try and keep up with the Trojans, teams like Oregon, ASU, Arizona, UCLA etc.

Last edited:

Rivals has NU up to #9, with a 3.63* average. This is where NU needs to recruit constantly. Recruit at this average star, and you can win a national championship. Might be a small class, pushing the team ranking down, but if NU is rolling with a 3.6*+ average, that's good enough to win. You'll have some serious dudes recruiting like that.

Rivals has NU up to #9, with a 3.63* average. This is where NU needs to recruit constantly. Recruit at this average star, and you can win a national championship. Might be a small class, pushing the team ranking down, but if NU is rolling with a 3.6*+ average, that's good enough to win. You'll have some serious dudes recruiting like that.

If Nebraska can get to 9-10 wins this season, then this could just be the beginning! Kids in '19/20 are already starting to take notice out West.

If Nebraska can get to 9-10 wins this season, then this could just be the beginning! Kids in '19/20 are already starting to take notice out West.
True enough. Obviously, it's where I have my hugest issue with this coach, on the field results. Great guy. Can his scheme win, play consistently good football? We'll have to see.

You're right though, win 10 or more games and start winning a few big games, and most would be surprised what NU can do recruiting wise. I've always felt that way. Certainly exciting with what's going on. Keep it going.

Major problem is right :Biggrin:.

USC is always going to get the guys they need/want to out West.. but Nebraska is definitely starting to frustrate some of the other teams that rely on guys like just like Williams to try and keep up with the Trojans, teams like Oregon, ASU, Arizona, UCLA etc.

I remember When MR first came aboard and started recruiting CA I posted something along the lines of: Ne being a great spot for Cali recruits. Since there are more stars than the PAC can utilize and we are the closest school in the P5 that does not have a close recruiting base. We are on average the farthest away from TX and FL. So it makes sense for us to hit CA heavy. I would also love to see us schedule SDSU, Fresno, and other CA schools on a 2 for 1 schedule. Get a game in CA every other year. If we keep this going we can keep our momentum alive Long after KJJ is in the NFL.

I don't mean to be the wet blanket here... but go back to the 2011 class and we had an even better start than we are having for the 2018 class. 8 of our 10 commitments before fall camp were a four star (5.8+) or above. We finished with a 3.45 avg. star rating. Currently we are at 5 of our 8 commitments being a four star or better. We just aren't going to get a 3.63 average. Go look at last years final rankings and the teams that finished at or over that 3.63... Michigan barely did it.

all per Rivals

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back