• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked On to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
tz2srwvnvnotbppzfji9

Micah Jones
Wide Receiver 4 STARS
Warren Township Gurnee, IL
RR: 5.8 Ht: 6'5" Wt: 196 lbs Class: 2018

I read somewhere that Colson Yankoff is our top (only) QB target for 2018. Anyone understand why we are after a dual threat QB again? I mean Sitkowski from IMG, or Brevin White from California seem more along the lines of QB we have been after.
Because they realized the offensive threat that Tommy was and how a DT QB opens up the field, as long as he's better at reading defenses than Tommy was.

I read somewhere that Colson Yankoff is our top (only) QB target for 2018. Anyone understand why we are after a dual threat QB again? I mean Sitkowski from IMG, or Brevin White from California seem more along the lines of QB we have been after.

Don't get too caught up on the "dual threat" moniker. This kid was Idaho Gatorade player of the year as a junior, and did it with over 3000 yards passing. Had a 67% completion rate, over 20 TDs to 6 INTs and attempted 400 passes to 100 rush attempts.

“Colson Yankoff was the best quarterback we saw all year. He’s accurate, with a strong arm. He extends plays, he has great pocket presence, he can run, and he really competes.” ”
Jon Eagle
Head Coach

https://www.gatorade.com/poy/winner/colson-yankoff/34858

Because they realized the offensive threat that Tommy was and how a DT QB opens up the field, as long as he's better at reading defenses than Tommy was.

Nope. Langsdorf offered dual threat QB Terry Wilson on the same day he offered POB in the spring of 2015. Similar to Yankoff, Wilson was a pass first threat in HS, but mobile and fast. He was the first QB commit Langsdorf received at NU. They didn't need TA to "realize" anything.

Nope. Langsdorf offered dual threat QB Terry Wilson on the same day he offered POB in the spring of 2015. Similar to Yankoff, Wilson was a pass first threat in HS, but mobile and fast. He was the first QB commit Langsdorf received at NU. They didn't need TA to "realize" anything.

lol... probably had never even seen nor heard of Cam Newton before. I am pretty sure the only thing they didn't "realize" was the potential of the YOLO bomb.

lol... probably had never even seen nor heard of Cam Newton before. I am pretty sure the only thing they didn't "realize" was the potential of the YOLO bomb.
Yeah, they didn't change the offense at all to take advantage of Tommy's skill set mid-2015 season, did they?

Yeah, they didn't change the offense at all to take advantage of Tommy's skill set mid-2015 season, did they?
It is clear they figured out that if TA was running the ball...he wasn't throwing it, so they maximized his skill set by keeping the ball out of the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back