• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

An urgent spring awaits Mike Riley, who's rapidly learning about expectations.

pal its been cloudy with thunderstorms the past 15 years if you haven't noticed:(
I wasn't talking about the past if you haven't noticed honey. Sorry but pal seems sarcastic, so I wanted to show you a little love sweetheart. LOL. GBR!!!

Last edited:
Just win! The heat is on any time a coach signs a contract with a big-time school. Anyone who feels that they're oblivious to that fact is oblivious.
Of course, gotta win games, lots of them. Hoping he can pull it off. Got a little momentum, build off of it.

The way Sam writes this blog makes it sound as if MR got here, and then after a couple of losses and associated fan meltdowns, said, "Whoa, this is a tough place to coach! I've got to up my game."

In fact, MR has been talking about his understanding of the high expectations in HuskerNation from the get-go. He knew what he was getting into, and has openly and enthusiastically embraced the challenge. Even coaches in long-term situations make adjustments as the landscape of the game changes, so what MR does now is not out of panic or some new revelation.
Riley may have understood it, but did the assistant coaches he brought along understand it? Coming from a place where qualifying for a bowl game was considered a job well done, I doubt they knew what they were getting into.

I was amazed at Mark Banker's total lack of urgency after the Iowa game. And Bruce Read was just plain laughable as a coach. These two guys clearly had no idea how to handle or achieve the expectations here in Nebraska.

I think Riley now has just about everyone in place as far as coaches who have the passion, know-how and determination.

Almost everyone.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about the past if you haven't noticed honey. Sorry but pal seems sarcastic, so I wanted to show you a little love sweetheart. LOL. GBR!!!
the present reflects the future pal..just ask my Bama team

Pissing and moaning about it and throwing shade in every post is going to change that, right? Maybe if you removed your sunglasses on cloudy days you would actually see some of the good things that are happening in Lincoln. But, I'm sure it's hard to get out of Eeyore mode when you walk around with a cloud over your head all the time, right pal? Does the "J" stand for Pal Joey, pal?
keep following your losing team and coach pal...why don't you switch to my bama team and win things for a while?;)

keep following your losing team and coach pal...why don't you switch to my bama team and win things for a while?;)
Pissing and moaning about it and throwing shade in every post is going to change that, right? Maybe if you removed your sunglasses on cloudy days you would actually see some of the good things that are happening in Lincoln. But, I'm sure it's hard to get out of Eeyore mode when you walk around with a cloud over your head all the time, right pal? Does the "J" stand for Pal Joey, pal?
Why are you even on this board posting then darling?
just like rubbing in pal for all you losers I guess join the A team pal and the greatest coach in college football history!!!!! Sir Nick

Last edited:

Of course saying and doing are two different things. As far as your last statement, what makes you think MR slowly realized he's now in the big time of Lincoln?

The fact he brought Banker and Reed along. Banker wasn't just bad at Nebraska, he was bad at OSU. If he knew his staff really had to step it's game up and the pressure would be this intense he'd have brought different people in or canned them after year 1.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back