• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I was a SD Chargers fan but who should my new team be?

After 40 long years I'm out.
Quitter!!! HAHA!!!! I say, remain a Chargers Fan. Even though I am a self professed Dolphins fan, I also grew up a damn Rams fan, and even through all of their dumbass moves, I remain a damn Rams fan. I have a St. Louis Rams jacket hanging in the closet right now, it's right next to my Dolphins jacket. If you stuck with them for 40 years, you might as well ride it out and remain a Chargers fan.

Last edited:

There is always a place for another Lions fan. Besides, the Lions seem to always have a bit of love for Husker players :)

This means that San Diego will now only have one major professional sports franchise (the Padres). Too bad - - They deserve better than that.

But the consolation is that the residents are living in "America's Finest City." :nod:

It's a great city. Spent a lot of time there when I lived in Palm Springs.

That said, like all of the West Coast, when living near the Coast, it's so darn expensive, it's simply not worth it other than to visit. The cost of housing alone in San Diego is 300% the national average.

And that said, SD deserves an NFL team more than crappy L.A. deserves two. Oh well, it's a business, just like all sports.

Go with the Cubs. Proven winners.
cubs.jpg%7Ec200

It's a great city. Spent a lot of time there when I lived in Palm Springs.

That said, like all of the West Coast, when living near the Coast, it's so darn expensive, it's simply not worth it other than to visit. The cost of housing alone in San Diego is 300% the national average.

And that said, SD deserves an NFL team more than crappy L.A. deserves two. Oh well, it's a business, just like all sports.

I've lived a lot of places, including San Diego for 7 years. It is an absolutely great place to live, but unfortunately you are right about cost of living in most of SoCal.

Last edited:

This means that San Diego will now only have one major professional sports franchise (the Padres). Too bad - - They deserve better than that.

But the consolation is that the residents are living in "America's Finest City." :nod:

I lived there for 8 years. The majority of the people in SD are transplants or transients. The majority of their fans are the definition of "fair weather". I can't tell you how many Padres games I've been to where there are quite literally 200 people there.... total. Better than 30% of the time there are numbers of opposing fans that are equal or greater to the number of Padres fans in attendance. Attendance for the Chargers games was so bad for a while there that they instituted a TV blackout unless ticket sales were at XX%. Talk about spurring your own fanbase. All the while tickets remained at a premium. The whole situation was a nightmare. I am glad to see any team that attempts to strong arm it's host city in to paying the majority for a nearly 1 billion dollar stadium. Now they are going to be squatting the Galaxy's stadium for at least the next year or two. That stadium was retrofit for Soccer some time ago and only holds maybe 30k. We have seen a handful of Galaxy games there and enjoy the venue....for soccer. That pitch will now be destroyed in about 3 seconds. :end rant:

I lived there for 8 years. The majority of the people in SD are transplants or transients. The majority of their fans are the definition of "fair weather". I can't tell you how many Padres games I've been to where there are quite literally 200 people there.... total. Better than 30% of the time there are numbers of opposing fans that are equal or greater to the number of Padres fans in attendance. Attendance for the Chargers games was so bad for a while there that they instituted a TV blackout unless ticket sales were at XX%. Talk about spurring your own fanbase. All the while tickets remained at a premium. The whole situation was a nightmare. I am glad to see any team that attempts to strong arm it's host city in to paying the majority for a nearly 1 billion dollar stadium. Now they are going to be squatting the Galaxy's stadium for at least the next year or two. That stadium was retrofit for Soccer some time ago and only holds maybe 30k. We have seen a handful of Galaxy games there and enjoy the venue....for soccer. That pitch will now be destroyed in about 3 seconds. :end rant:
I am not sure why anyone thinks San Diego "deserves" a football team.

The city has not successfully supported ANY professional franchise - The Padres, The Clippers (prior to their move to LA) and now the Chargers.

They might be LA's 2nd team but they're likely to have as much if not better fan support in the long run with an opportunity for a better ownership valuation than staying in SD would get them.

Everyone wants to vilify owners for seeking publically funded stadiums but every stadium - Jerry World and the Rams new stadium heck even Lambeau Field all have some measure of public monies supporting them. The existence and presence of a team means something to cities - means revenues, jobs, property taxes ... shame on the city leadership for not finding common ground and making something work. Penny-wise Pound-foolish!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back