• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My Gut Reaction to Mark Banker Being Fired

Do you agree with Mark Banker being fired?

• Yes

Votes: 83 96.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Riley doesn't mess around. If he has a weak link, he fixes it.

Another Parella type hire coming at DC?

Dollars to donuts, this 'decision' came from the administration.
I don't think so at all. Riley assembled a staff he knew, and they knew him. He was going to an entirely different program, with far great expectations, much different history, and playing in a very different conference. He went with comfort and trust to help with the transition. Well, it's officially not a transition and it's not about building a conference championship program. Things will need to move quick, we don't have 10 years to get a feel for things, results are expected and Mike isn't going to fail to deliver. Banker isn't a poor DC, but he isn't as good as we need to elevate the program, and that's why the decision was make. I can all but guarantee you didn't have SE calling Riley saying, 'Mike, we really want a bigger splash on defense', to which Riley is supposed to have answered, 'Gee, I really thought Mark hand them playing pretty good'.

This very nice man, who also happens to be a football coach, is very sharp and very competitive.

You asked so I gave them to you! Funny how some on here if nothing else fails then bring up something from a long time ago!
A long time ago? Like bringing up "The Agenda" for no apparent reason for the hundredth time?

I don't think so at all. Riley assembled a staff he knew, and they knew him. He was going to an entirely different program, with far great expectations, much different history, and playing in a very different conference. He went with comfort and trust to help with the transition. Well, it's officially not a transition and it's not about building a conference championship program. Things will need to move quick, we don't have 10 years to get a feel for things, results are expected and Mike isn't going to fail to deliver. Banker isn't a poor DC, but he isn't as good as we need to elevate the program, and that's why the decision was make. I can all but guarantee you didn't have SE calling Riley saying, 'Mike, we really want a bigger splash on defense', to which Riley is supposed to have answered, 'Gee, I really thought Mark hand them playing pretty good'.

This very nice man, who also happens to be a football coach, is very sharp and very competitive.
Yep. I'd be shocked if this came from Eichorst.

Dollars to donuts, this 'decision' came from the administration.

Because it's not in Riley's nature and he's had 20+ years prior to make a change.

Pretty tough to make that specific statement when he's just proven you wrong 3 times in 12 months. So, if you were going for "exactly" wrong and in such a way that everyone with a pulse can plainly see that you are wrong..........well............mission accomplished!

Well, the Husker football program is now officially a dumpster fire!

Classic! Well done.

I'm pretty sure the clowns of Huskermax make my life so much more enjoyable.

A long time ago? Like bringing up "The Agenda" for no apparent reason for the hundredth time?
Been a long time since I did this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You asked for the points so there you go! I won't do it again.

Pretty tough to make that specific statement when he's just proven you wrong 3 times in 12 months. So, if you were going for "exactly" wrong and in such a way that everyone with a pulse can plainly see that you are wrong..........well............mission accomplished!

Classic! Well done.

I'm pretty sure the clowns of Huskermax make my life so much more enjoyable.
Easy, Tex. It's just another day in the fishbowl.

Last edited:
Yep. I'd be shocked if this came from Eichorst.

Seriously, I think Mike wants to make some noise in the B1G, and he knows that has to happen in the next 2-3 years. That isn't to say that he only has that long, I just think he'll want to get us to a level of respectability that we can keep growing on, and he'll hang it up and ride off into the sunset. As cliche as it sounds, that's when we tap Frost and the next chapter starts with a solid foundation and smooth transition into a new era.

Rainbows and Unicorns to follow.

Seriously, I think Mike wants to make some noise in the B1G, and he knows that has to happen in the next 2-3 years. That isn't to say that he only has that long, I just think he'll want to get us to a level of respectability that we can keep growing on, and he'll hang it up and ride off into the sunset. As cliche as it sounds, that's when we tap Frost and the next chapter starts with a solid foundation and smooth transition into a new era.

Rainbows and Unicorns to follow.
I have no doubt that he wants to tear it up and is doing what he thinks gives us our best chance of success.

GET TICKETS

Back