• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ***'s Thoughts So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great write up as always, thanks ***. Pretty clear that six games into the season the O-line is by far our biggest weakness, question mark, whatever you want to call it. There are a lot of reasons for that but it is what it is. I think you're absolutely correct in that TA, although he didn't play all that well totally saved our butts numerous times against IU.

If we don't get some better play from the O-line during the next few weeks I don't think we'll have to worry about the dilemma of backing into the West title or winning it outright.

Great write up as always, thanks ***. Pretty clear that six games into the season the O-line is by far our biggest weakness, question mark, whatever you want to call it. There are a lot of reasons for that but it is what it is. I think you're absolutely correct in that TA, although he didn't play all that well totally saved our butts numerous times against IU.

If we don't get some better play from the O-line during the next few weeks I don't think we'll have to worry about the dilemma of backing into the West title or winning it outright.

:thumbsup:

His trying somewhat to hold back made his criticism way more devastating than if he would've just lit into them. "Baby blue from Westwood".

Drop the mic, dude. You finished them. :Biggrin:
totally agree. not to hijack the thread, but what is the backstory on this? so do they make WAZZU warm up on the wrong side since they took their side, or do they just have to wait for UCLA to finish? just curious.

Well, I was going to go off on that, but Whitaker, Johnson, Barnett, Hannon, they all are apart of the issue. Then start asking yourself what we are going to do in two years if we have misses like that when we aren't taking a single walk-on OL in the past two years, we could be screwed. I started something on Decker a few weeks ago but I doubt he's around next year, so Thurston would have probably been our starting center this year with Foster hurt and we would have moved Utter back to guard. Unfortunate.

That a pretty bold statement, I know you love Decker and think he should be starting, but what are you seeing about him that the coaches aren't? I know he has more upside than Utter, but is he better right now. You make it sound like it is politics or something.

I didn't do our defense justice in this write-up, they are playing lights out. Hopefully they can keep us in it and with Carter and Westerkamp out for awhile, maybe they will have us in it in the 4th to dial some things up.

Can you help me understand the X's and O's on some of the secondary stuff? There are times we look like we play 10-15 yards off the receiver and they pick up easy firsts because of it. Doesn't seem like we've been too burned by it overall but it definitely keeps drives alive. Is that scheme related?

Can you help me understand the X's and O's on some of the secondary stuff? There are times we look like we play 10-15 yards off the receiver and they pick up easy firsts because of it. Doesn't seem like we've been too burned by it overall but it definitely keeps drives alive. Is that scheme related?
Based on the big plays that the pass defense gave up, it's a way for them to keep everything in front of them and can help not give up the big play.

That a pretty bold statement, I know you love Decker and think he should be starting, but what are you seeing about him that the coaches aren't? I know he has more upside than Utter, but is he better right now. You make it sound like it is politics or something.
He has had some issues dating way back to this summer, I think he even left the team for a bit. I like him as a football player but there seems to be something holding him back. I don't know if he should be starting (I thought that first game until hearing he left for a bit) but I don't know what the answers are. I hope he stays because he has the talent.

There are definitely scheme stuff that have us off or closer to a WR. Pelini was notorious for giving cushion and having safety help over the top. When a guy is playing close to the WR or off the WR it almost always has to do with if they are in run support for our cover 3. It's kind of a situational feel for Banker, I believe.

I am in the minority here but I want Wisconsin to beat Iowa. Then when we beat Wisconsin, we earn the West. We lose to Wisconsin then we really don't deserve the division anyway.
Not me... you deserve what you deserve. IA beats Bucky is just fine with me....

He has had some issues dating way back to this summer, I think he even left the team for a bit. I like him as a football player but there seems to be something holding him back. I don't know if he should be starting (I thought that first game until hearing he left for a bit) but I don't know what the answers are. I hope he stays because he has the talent.

Very interesting. Hopefully, Decker figures it out because that was a highly touted bunch of OL when recruited. Say what you will about Utter, he is a leader and right now the glue holding that group together AND his teammates elected him captain.

Good stuff ***. at the beginning of the season you were worried about depth on the defensive line because of inexperience. Now it seems to be one of the best groups. get the other Davis kid going and we are on to something. How do you think the DE are playing?
last year LB this year DL form weakest to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back