• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Paruguay Copa Ameirca Game Three (6/11/16)

USA just won the group that consisted of TWO of the final 8 2014 World Cup teams.

Any way you spin or slice that, it's a nice accomplishment.

Its actually 6-7-1.....2 wins by the USA, 2 by Mexico and 1 each by Panama and Costa Rica.

Still have 4 games left over the next two days for a total of 18 played by the teams in the confederation.

What does that mean in English?

Last edited:

Mexico, Haiti, Panama and Jamaica each have a game left. Hopefully they can win two of them.

Its actually 6-7-1.....2 wins by the USA, 2 by Mexico and 1 each by Panama and Costa Rica.

Still have 4 games left over the next two days for a total of 18 played by the teams in the confederation.

I agree that is the large stadium with their rabid fan base they will have no problem filling it to the rafters....

Going to be a real tough game. Ecuador is very good. As we both know the friendly we played with them does not matter jack for all the obvious reasons. Like I said have to play the best to be the best. As I have said from the start of this competition we have he players, the resources, the money and the home country advantage to go all the way. Just getting out of the group stage is no longer good enough.

In Seattle. I'm fairly confident they can fill a stadium up there.

Oh and Brazil is eliminated. They never took this Copa America serious. Even before it happened they were blowing it off. Did not bring anywhere near their best team. Colombia caught a huge break playing Peru in the QTR Finals. Peru winning Group B is just Nuts. 49th ranked team in the world.

Ecuador is going to be an uphill battle for us. Truthfully, unless we see the J Jones of game 2, I don't like our chances. Now, that said, if we see J Jones attacking defensively and reeking all kinds of midfield havoc, like a true box-to-box MFer, then we will be a tough out. Other things come into play. Will Guzan do dumb Guzan things or will he play up to the level we've seen the first 3 games? Can Bradley push forward or be overwhelmed? Can Bedoya provide width?

The other intricacy I noted from the game in KC was the rotation up top. They move Dempsey around. When it works, it's hell on defenders. When it doesn't, we go stale in a hurry. We've been through our opinions on formations so many times in the past, there's no reason to discuss them anymore. Let's just hope JK doesn't change Brooks and Cameron. And let's hope Orazco, who I'm guessing will start for Yedlin, doesn't kill us. Though I think he's most definitely a better option than Besler (huge mistake) or Chandler.

Jones is the key, IMHO. If he isn't balls to the wall early and often, I'd sub him out at half with Becks and move Bradley up in a triangle with Bedoya. It's not what Bedoya can give us for width, but it's better than the alternatives playing against a team like Ecuador. I'm fairly certain, J Jones has the desire, but his body can only give so much at his age.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back