• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope HCMR doesnt have a cat

AwZaBCr.gif

I agree, Tommy has more competition than some may realize but it will take a Herculean effort to unseat a captain who plays QB, IMO.

He is a gamer and a good leader with a great attitude but if you can't hit simple short routes, your days are numbered in any offense, let alone one that wants to pass half the time.

Why don't we give him a chance to show what he can do in the new offense before we start writing him off?

That being said, I would not be surprised to see Darlington start at least one game this year.

He is a gamer and a good leader with a great attitude but if you can't hit simple short routes, your days are numbered in any offense, let alone one that wants to pass half the time.

It will be interesting to watch it unfold, no doubt. It's hard not to pull for a kid like Tommy but like you said if he's not accurate in this offense his days may be numbered.

Why don't we give him a chance to show what he can do in the new offense before we start writing him off?

That being said, I would not be surprised to see Darlington start at least one game this year.

Nobody has written Armstrong off. But the fact is he needs to improve. I think he can, quite a bit with a proper QB coach but competition will be fierce.

It will be interesting to watch it unfold, no doubt. It's hard not to pull for a kid like Tommy but like you said if he's not accurate in this offense his days may be numbered.

TA will contribute to the team no matter what happens.

Miss injury I think he starts all year. Next year might be a different story.

Are you suggesting that one of the incoming freshmen would unseat him? Seems to me if he holds onto the job this year, he'll be much harder to supplant in his Senior campaign.

Miss injury I think he starts all year. Next year might be a different story.

That is quite possible as well. QB's had better work on their games hard through the summer and bring their A game to fall practice.

Actually, everyone on the team needs to. Always has. But I don't think there can ever be a situation where backups have a better chance to make a move.

Are you suggesting that one of the incoming freshmen would unseat him? Seems to me if he holds onto the job this year, he'll be much harder to supplant in his Senior campaign.

Not answering for NU Alum but with a clean slate, TA has a leg up being the incumbent. If he gets the nod at the beginning of the year, its his to lose. As everyone gets comfortable with the new system, those down the depth chart might have better tools to run the offense more efficiently. Its all speculation at this point. No absolutes.

Thats said, the longer a QB is entrenched as the man, the harder it is to replace him.

Last edited:

I think it's funny that some people think that the short pass is coached. He might be a leader but he is in no way a good passer. I don't see that changing. The other thing that makes me laugh is when people talk about how let's see how he does in a different offense. To think that he can't complete an easy pass in one offence its going to be easier in a different one is kind of crazy if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong but Im not buying into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back