• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue vs Nebraska - Hawks Field - 5-11-15 - 1:05 p.m. - Game 3 of 3

Is Erstad the right guy for the job? This team stinks....

Thats what I questioned the day he was hired. Erstad didn't have the qualifications to become head coach (or maybe even an assistant) at any of the top baseball schools in the nation, yet TO thought he was the man. Questionable hire from the beginning, even more questionable now.

As I said at the time of his hire, he wouldn't have been hired if he didn't have Husker ties.

I am still behind Darin. You would think, working under Soscia, he would pick up a lot of managerial skills. I still think he needs more time.

Mike Anderson got plenty of time, and he sucked, mostly, all the time!

I am still behind Darin. You would think, working under Soscia, he would pick up a lot of managerial skills. I still think he needs more time.

You mean the same way that Solich picked up TO's offensive coordinator prowess?

The first few years were okay, in year 3 he picked up NU's one and only CWS win (albeit an argument could be made in hindsight that with the potential professional talent on that team they actually underachieved).

In my mind, the downfall started with Manhattan and San Francisco in the 2006 home regional.

Last edited:

So we hired a project and we are "hoping" it works out.

The first few years were okay, in year 3 he picked up NU's one and only CWS win (albeit an argument could be made in hindsight that with the potential professional talent on that team they actually underachieved).

In my mind, the downfall started with Manhattan and San Francisco in the 2006 home regional.

Oh, man, that series just tore me up! I am from SF, and it really sickened me! :(

The Boilermakers take the series with a 9-6 win, and Darin Erstad calls the Huskers' effort “unacceptable.” | Box

UP NEXT
image: http://www.huskermax.com/images/bigten/illinois.png
illinois.png
With three games remaining in the regular season, the Huskers will leave Lincoln on Wednesday for Champaign, Ill.

The Huskers and Illini open a three-game series Thursday at 6:05 p.m. Friday's game is set for 6:05 p.m. and Sunday's finale is scheduled for 2:05 p.m. Both Saturday and Sunday's games will be carried live on BTN.

(So, we don't play on Saturday, but it will be televised Sat. & Sun.? :lol: Some confusion here?

This is our schedule, off of huskers.com:

Thu, May 14Illinois *-5at Champaign, Ill.6:05 p.m.Illinois All AccessLive AudioLive Stats
Fri, May 15Illinois *-5at Champaign, Ill.6:05 p.m.BTN/BTN2GoLive AudioLive Stats
Sat, May 16Illinois *-5at Champaign, Ill.2:05 p.m.BTN/BTN2GoLive AudioL

<tbody>
</tbody>

So, we play Saturday or Sunday? :lol:

Read more at http://www.huskermax.com/baseball/2015/games/53purdue.html#r0TsoHkDSjKuOeQo.99
http://www.huskermax.com/baseball/2015/games/53purdue.html

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back