• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Hits Keep Coming

Sandhills Husker

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Harriman to New Mexico.

Now Johnson, Smith, and Harriman all gone.

Being a Husker hoops fan takes some resolve. To put it mildly.

As the GB coach VL said years ago....." What the hell is going on down there ????".....I sure hope there isn't something BIGGER going on down in Lincoln .....

Please expound

I will!

I have always wondered if the two coaches got along as well as they tried to let on? I have season tickets and I know it is the asst coaches job to step in when the head coach is barking too much during a game. Watching these two during a game the body language seemed a bit strained! Now of course neither will admit this and Mile will go with the coach speech that we will miss him but we wish him well.

I think all in all this is for the best!

Now by no means do I have any proof of anything just the vibes I got while at the games and watching on tv.

Well...since miles says he doesn't handle substitutions maybe a staff shake up will help.

Yikes, this team is a mess... Miles should be on the hot seat it things go south again this season... you can't tell me we can't get a better coach to NU with the facilities we have... LAME...

Truth hurts, this team stinks... If Miles were anything like FHCBP he would be fired, the only reason he is still here is he is nice, and the fans like nice...

No, Solich was nice as well. When its obvious that he can't get the job done, Miles will be gone. It might take an extra year like it did with Solich because of the "nice" factor.:rolleyes:

Truth hurts, this team stinks... If Miles were anything like FHCBP he would be fired, the only reason he is still here is he is nice, and the fans like nice...

Ignoring a B1G coach of the year award is always fun...

"We are Nebraska basketball! We are better than the best coach in the conference two years ago that finally got us to the NCAA tournament with the facilities we have!"

Let's all take a deep breath...

Last edited:
Please expound

Harriman's main job was his connection to Australia and New Zealand, and the best guard over there I don't think is any better than the 10th best guard in Chicago. We need people with connections to places in the states. Our X's and O's guy left when Smith bolted to South Dakota...

This is a loss because it's another piece of the foundation that got TM where he is today, but if Miles makes the right hire we will get an upgrade. I'm not sweating losing Harriman tho.

Ignoring a B1G coach of the year award is always fun...

"We are Nebraska basketball! We are better than the best coach in the conference two years ago that finally got us to the NCAA tournament with the facilities we have!"

Let's all take a deep breath...

Indeed.

Not saying Miles is a guarantee to get as back where we were in 2014, but there's next to no correlation with Bo Pelini.

Bo had 7 years (Miles has had 3). Expectations are sky high for football as compared to basketball (as they should be). Miles did achieve one of the greatest seasons in Nebraska basketball history. Bo did not. Absolutely no way should Tim Miles be fired at this point. And crazy for anyone to think facilities will somehow attract a bigger name coach. Not for hoops. Either and up-and-coming assistant or a mid-major head man, as Miles was (and was fairly successful).

We've been shuffling coaches in and out of the basketball program forever. Because no one has been truly successful. If Miles flops, we'll do it again -- which is understandable -- but not after three years!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back