• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CAL ST FULLERTON vs NEBRASKA - Okla St Regional's - Friday, 5/30/14 - Game #1

I was worried because I didn't feel our pitching was good enough to stay with them. Looking like that is coming true.

If we took advantage of the situations, we would have a good lead, and we would have a better chance to put them down.

Pitching on pins and needles just doesn't work!

You simply cannot make stupid mistakes, leave men on base and expect to win. Got to hit the damned ball and make things happen with men on base. Damned disappointing.

You simply cannot make stupid mistakes, leave men on base and expect to win. Got to hit the damned ball and make things happen with men on base. Damned disappointing.

Disappointing game, but not all that surprising. This is really something NU has done all year long (and mostly got away with). Unfortunately, NU has struggled all year with executing some of the little baseball plays that this time of year are the difference between a win and a loss. I think NU is very close to being a really good team, but its not going to happen this time of year until you can consistently execute the little things that don't often show up on the stat sheet.

Isn't it amazing how they managed to win 40 games with such piss poor hitting.

It's called: playing in the Big Ten. There really is no excuse to finish any lower than 2nd in this league.

Also, Fullerton is a seasoned tournament team that has really turned it on with outstanding pitching and timely hitting at the end of the season. I'd argue that there isn't a better 3-seed in the tournament than Cal State-Fullerton.

It's called: playing in the Big Ten. There really is no excuse to finish any lower than 2nd in this league.

Also, Fullerton is a seasoned tournament team that has really turned it on with outstanding pitching and timely hitting at the end of the season. I'd argue that there isn't a better 3-seed in the tournament than Cal State-Fullerton.

Wasn't going to go down that road, but since you did first.. :)

How many wins did we have against ranked teams this year?

3 totals wins against top 25 teams (2 against UC Irving and they are 35-22 and no longer in the top 25).. out of how many games played? but hey, this isn't over yet. We play against tomorrow, we could work our way back into advancing.

Last edited:

Wasn't going to go down that road, but since you did first.. :)

How many wins did we have against ranked teams this year?

3 totals wins against top 25 teams (2 against UC Irving and they are 35-22 and no longer in the top 25).. out of how many games played? but hey, this isn't over yet. We play against tomorrow, we could work our way back into advancing.

2 of 3 from Irvine. Splitting with Oregon State. Splitting with Arkansas. Those aren't bad on the resume. But I always worry that playing the majority of the games from midseason on against Big Ten competition leaves you less prepared heading into the NCAA Tournament.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back