• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Class of 2014 - 2 spots left

Not happy at a losing out again Redo. See you have been gone I got it right over on baseball too. Just face it I know it all. Lol

So we have 2 spots left with the addition of Ayegba. I believe we will be going after a big man and another guard. I'm of the opinion that Hammond is still a bit of a project, even though he is the best 5 man we have brought into Nebraska in quite some time. So who is left?

JORDAN CORNISH - 6'6" 210 Pound Shooting Guard - Was let out of his LOI from Tennessee since Cuonzo Martin took the Cal job. WILL visit Nebraska...
https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=343474

DENG DENG - 6'8" 220 Pound Power Forward - JUCO Transfer with I believe 3 years to play 2. Currently visiting Baylor but will most likely head up to Nebraska for a visit as well (if he doesn't commit while in Waco this weekend)
https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/b...Deng-143551;_ylt=AnVXakd0tvghfRN4vgqkZo5Ws5B4

JOSH CUNNINGHAM - 6'7" 195 Pound Small Forward - Out of Chicago, Illinois, he holds a Nebraska offer but has not visited. Not sure if there is mutual interest or not...
https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/b...gham-139439;_ylt=Ap0y52SYdGbQXVBA1sxHAA5Ws5B4

DAVID WACKER - 6'9" 230 Pound Center - Out of Universal City, Texas, not sure how much interest there is by both parties at this point, but someone we extended an offer too at one point and he did visit us...
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-David-Wacker-133758

ALEER LEEK - 6'9" Power Forward - Out of Bradenton, Florida. Huskers have offered him but it was early in the process. I would say we are his best offer so the fact that he has not jumped on it must mean we may have retracted it, or we are not interested. I suppose it could mean he isn't interested in us, but i'm not sure about that...
https://rivals.yahoo.com/basketball...Leek-156040;_ylt=AvD5rSdp4pOK_j_3kY6JIlrXO5B4

DUSAN RISTIC - 6'11" 240 Pound Center - Out of Bel Aire, Kansas, he is still committed to Arizona and signed his LOI with them. We will see if they have room, i'm sure they will find a way...

THOUGHT: Do not rule out a D1 transfer big man like Pitchford or Pettaway was that has to sit out. We graduate our two centers next year in Ayegba and Smith, so we will want to have Hammond and another guy ready to roll for that situation, especially if we can keep Pitchford from jumping early with Pettaway (which is still iffy). Another high school guard and either a JUCO or D1 transfer big is likely in my opinion

Well.... looking back at the OP... we have lost out on the top two targets (Deng & Cornish). Any news on the others, or any other new targets on the horizon?

I would think kids would be clawing their way to get into this rising program. Apparently not so much. At least not yet.

Wonder if the staff will leave the 2 spots open? Start working hard to fill next year. Get some early signees. I think kids are still hesitant to come here. Another good year, and we can claim to be rising.

Wonder if the staff will leave the 2 spots open? Start working hard to fill next year. Get some early signees. I think kids are still hesitant to come here. Another good year, and we can claim to be rising.

Only way we leave the two open is if we just don't find anyone at all worthy of a big Ten scholarship. Another recruit is on campus today...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mhrlF67Va2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why does he not have a rating anywhere?

I know he transferred before his senior year to a new school. But someone with offers from USC and UNLV, it seems fishy to think he isn't ranked anywhere. Also, his team he plays on has an unbelievable sophomore Miles has been working on, and Miles may have asked the coach his input...

I think NU's recruiting struggles (i.e. filling up the roster) show that having a new arena full of excited fans isn't the silver bullet some thought it would be.

I think NU's recruiting struggles (i.e. filling up the roster) show that having a new arena full of excited fans isn't the silver bullet some thought it would be.

Well, I agree to an extent. I do think that arena and it being full of excited fans will be a silver bullet for recruiting in 2015. By the time the season started and the arena was able to be shown to prospects, most of the top recruits were signed somewhere, and you could even throw in things didn't look great for us in the December/January time frame.

If Coach Miles can keep the momentum going, it will help in the future. It will come down to winning games. I would expect the Huskers to have more games on ESPN this season, which is good for exposure. Like *** said, the team didn't play well early. Coach knows it is a building process. Add in a bit of luck, and things turn around faster.

It is imperative that the team has a strong start this year. I still think the psyche of the team is a little fragile. A good start should help get a couple early signees.

I heard on the radio this morning that Nebraska is going after Kansas transfer Andrew White. He is a 6-6 shooting guard who averaged 5.9 minutes and 2.3 points per game this year as a sophomore. He is a former Rivals 4-Star who is looking for more playing time. He is a 3 to play 2 guy.

Here is his Rivals profile:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Andrew-White-103796

Here is his Kansas profile including stats:
http://www.kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5199&path=mbball

Well, I agree to an extent. I do think that arena and it being full of excited fans will be a silver bullet for recruiting in 2015. By the time the season started and the arena was able to be shown to prospects, most of the top recruits were signed somewhere, and you could even throw in things didn't look great for us in the December/January time frame.

my point is more that the 'arena' aspect is pretty well down the list.

1. win. that brings excited fans no matter where you play.

2. consistency. i wonder if some see what nu did as an anomoly.

3. proven 'system'. sorry to bring the jays into it but most recent recruits have made a big deal of wanting to play in cu's system and how it fits their game. that takes a little time to show recruits and their coaches.

4. miles' longevity. i wonder if other coaches try to imply 'oh...that guy will leave nu as soon as he gets a chance'

i am not critiquing miles here. i just never believed all the poster hype that kids will see pinnacle and start begging to sign on the dotted line.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back