• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Class of 2014 - 2 spots left

If Deng would redshirt- that would be best in my mind. Try to keep Pettaway and Pitch and have a monster year in 15/16 espeially if he only has 2 years left and 1 is used sparingly kind of a waste. I would rather get some min to Hammond get some seasoning then have both of them for 2 years.

I think it depends on what the docs day about the ankle! If he can be fully healthy for the conference schedule, you play him. If not, he waits a year. It also depends on who the other scholarship goes to. The redshirt decsion won't come until the season is close. Coach knows there are increased expectations for the upcoming year. A good year, and recruiting will get easier and the staff will have to deal with roster management.

I think Navy is on the right track with Deng, if he's healthy and ready co contribute, then play him. Another player who can regulary put the ball in the hole will definately help this team. Maybe he can take a little pressure off pettaway, so he doesn't have to force up the bad shots. As for Hammond, I sort of feel the same way. No reason to make the decision till camps over. If he's ready then turn him loose. If he obviously needs to bulk up to compete, then you cross that bridge. There have been some slightly built guys that had what it takes to compete at this level. I believe a lot of that has to do with his athletism. Skinny, highly athletic, guys seem to make the transition better than finess players. I haven't looked at his film to get a feeling about him.

They are definitely going to watch how these guys develop over the summer and before the season starts to see where we are at....

1 guard/2 guard : Pettaway, Parker, Webster, Smith (If we somehow land Cornish he would take Smith's place and a redshirt would happen in my opinion)
3 : Shields/Fuller (This is where it could get interesting for Deng, as we could stretch him to a 3 with his scoring ability)
4: Pitchford/Rivers (I just don't see much room for Deng here, unless Fuller isn't quite ready to back up Shields at the 3 I think Deng won't see significant minutes)
5: Smith/Ayegba (Pretty solid 5's in terms of defense)

If he isn't healed he will obviously redshirt, but I am interested how they will handle this as we would need Deng in a bad way for 2 years if Pettaway and Pitchford happen to leave early, however unlikely that is...

Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut · 2h
2014 juco PF @DengDeng19 loved his #Nebrasketball official visit, but he’s still mulling his final decision…

Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut · 1h
.@JordanCornish5_ is visiting Wake this weekend, #Nebrasketball next weekend and SMU the following weekend. Won’t commit until seeing all 3.

Landing the two of them would definitely help on the offensive end. ***, from your lips to the recruiting god's ears!

This is a no brainer to me...

Andrew Carrillo ‏@TheDrewster35 · 1h
Jordan Cornish (@JordanCornish5_) will pick between Wake Forest, Nebraska & UNLV. He is a pure shooter with great size!

I think with Deng Deng out of the picture we may go after another D1 transfer. There are still plenty out there, and there are bound to be more once spring semesters are over for kids. Both Pettaway and Pitchford did not sign to play with Nebraska until after this time 2 years ago, and Pitchford didn't decide until June.

However, I know they don't want to hold a scholarship open again like they did last year, it wouldn't be the worst idea either. 2015 is shaping up to be a very good class for Nebraska basketball, and the more scholarships available, the better. Next year you have Rivers, Smith, Ayegba leaving to free up scholarships. Which means you will be at 3 before guys like Pettaway, Pitchford, and Shields decide what they will do in regards to staying or declaring for the NBA. While Pitchford and Shields are long shots to go, I did include them just for arguments sake. If we save a scholarship for next year it takes us to 4, and if Pettaway leaves you have 5 guys you will be looking for. This is just my opinion, but I think that will be too much of a reload situation and we need to get guys in this year who are ready to take over for 2015-16 season.

I think with Deng Deng out of the picture we may go after another D1 transfer. There are still plenty out there, and there are bound to be more once spring semesters are over for kids. Both Pettaway and Pitchford did not sign to play with Nebraska until after this time 2 years ago, and Pitchford didn't decide until June.

However, I know they don't want to hold a scholarship open again like they did last year, it wouldn't be the worst idea either. 2015 is shaping up to be a very good class for Nebraska basketball, and the more scholarships available, the better. Next year you have Rivers, Smith, Ayegba leaving to free up scholarships. Which means you will be at 3 before guys like Pettaway, Pitchford, and Shields decide what they will do in regards to staying or declaring for the NBA. While Pitchford and Shields are long shots to go, I did include them just for arguments sake. If we save a scholarship for next year it takes us to 4, and if Pettaway leaves you have 5 guys you will be looking for. This is just my opinion, but I think that will be too much of a reload situation and we need to get guys in this year who are ready to take over for 2015-16 season.
I don't see any of the 3 going pro, but if one did it would be Pettaway. That would be a lot to reload with your 3 post players and your best player. Better have a big year as they are predicting and we can get the players imo

I don't see any of the 3 going pro, but if one did it would be Pettaway. That would be a lot to reload with your 3 post players and your best player. Better have a big year as they are predicting and we can get the players imo

The only one i'm worried about is Pettaway. Shields won't for the simple fact he wants his pre-med degree. And I just don't think Pitchford will be ready. But with Pinder already in the mix, hopefully we get Morrow, and then you have one spot left.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back