• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Indiana Game Thread (6pm CT)

Good road win. Now go out and protect the home court and show the country this team is for real. Just think if this team hadn't lost the games they should have won. Without the "bad" losses we are probably already in. Gotta win the Purdue, Penn St. and Illinois games...and the UAB game.

Good road win. Now go out and protect the home court and show the country this team is for real. Just think if this team hadn't lost the games they should have won. Without the "bad" losses we are probably already in. Gotta win the Purdue, Penn St. and Illinois games...and the UAB game.

The Penn State game hurts the most as we were in control of that game up until the end.

Pretty sweet that Nebrasketball is relevant. I never thought I'd see the day we'd beat Indiana consistently.

As far as expectations, when you're picked dead last in your conference it's not really a fair comparison to football. A .500 record technically would be exceeding most expectations.

Pretty sweet that Nebrasketball is relevant. I never thought I'd see the day we'd beat Indiana consistently.

As far as expectations, when you're picked dead last in your conference it's not really a fair comparison to football. A .500 record technically would be exceeding most expectations.

Yeah, really a football comparison doesn't fly. Basketball is exceeding expectations this year whereas football did not meet them.

No problem. Hopefully the football team will exceed expectations next season.:thumbsup:

Considering many still have national champs as the expectation, it's highly unlikely. Can't exceed the best! If our football team is picked to finish dead last ala the basketball team, I'm pretty confident we will :thumbsup:

Actually, I really didn't have any expectations regarding the basketball team. I thought they would have another mediocre, at best, season. Glad to admit I was wrong.

Considering many still have national champs as the expectation, it's highly unlikely. Can't exceed the best! If our football team is picked to finish dead last ala the basketball team, I'm pretty confident we will :thumbsup:

I am saying the Husker football team fell short of expectations last season. Do you disagree? There is a LOT of space between a national championship and the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl. But if you were expecting 4 losses and bad defeats to Iowa and Minnesota, good job with your prognostications and I suggest you leave for Vegas immediately.:nod:

Who'd have thought that the basketball team would have a chance to outperform the football team in terms of conference standing and postseason accomplishment?

An interesting point. I started a thread about a year ago on the FB board along these lines that didn't get much response. Maybe the BB team option will come out on top per the question I asked there.

It has to suck to be an Indiana basketball fan today. Given their history as a basketball dynasty, losing both games this season to a program as historically bad as Nebraska's must be similar to how we would probably feel if our football team was blown out by Indiana at home.

That being said, I am quite happy today......:happyrun:

I am saying the Husker football team fell short of expectations last season. Do you disagree? There is a LOT of space between a national championship and the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl. But if you were expecting 4 losses and bad defeats to Iowa and Minnesota, good job with your prognostications and I suggest you leave for Vegas immediately.:nod:

I don't disagree that football fell short of the collective expectations. I wouldn't disagree if you said football often falls short of expectations. I was expecting the defense to struggle and 2 regular season losses. I expected the offense to hold the team up. Had you told me Martinez and Long (to name 2) would be injured for a majority of the season, 4 losses would sound reasonable, if not better than what I would have predicted. If you told me we'd play GA again in a bowl game, I'd have predicted a loss. Not sure of how short of my adjusted expectations the team fell...if at all...

Sometimes expectations need adjusting as we go.

Same in basketball. I didn't expect much better than .500 this year. After watching the team a few times this season, I was pleased and started expecting more. Then low and behold, I didn't expect the recent losses to PennSt and Illinois. Technically they didn't meet my expectations after adjusting them...and now I expect a decent showing vs a good Wisky team in Lincoln and a win or two in the BIG tourney. Hope they meet those expectations!

And my point is when the "collective" expectation is so low (as it normally is with NU basketball) it's not as hard to exceed them. There's only one way to go basically. Comparing the two collective expectations regarding football and basketball is about as valid as Osborne to Pelini. Do you disagree?

No problem. Hopefully the football team will exceed expectations next season.:thumbsup:
Doesn't that depend on your expectations for the football team? I'm expecting at least ten wins. Assuming a CCG and a bowl game, that would mean another win or two better than 2012.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back