• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Afalava not returning Bo confirmed this AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWIW if he transfers to a 1A school this season he would have to sit another year and thus have only 2 years of eligibility left....I could see him going JUCO and playing and then transferring.....that would seem to make more sense....

The would be the best move for him, especially since he wants to play now. The time table of eligibility flies once you sign that LOI. It seem almost immediately after you drop the pen and put your hat on, theirs agents contacting your parents so they can speak with you and you have to prepare for a combine.

Not a huge loss, not enough playing time to tell if he would have panned out. Another Scholly for someone who does things right...

Yea, very disappointing. We shouldn't look at this as a means to beat down the character of the young man though. I have met him a few times and from what I gathered, he is a decent individual whom happens to have his priorities out of order at times. Not too many of us had things running like clock work at age 19 or 20. Kid could have been great for the huskers and he's right, he should have been playing, but the staff isn't wrong for not playing him. As RR mentioned above, chemistry is a big deal. You can have the most talented backfield but no chemistry and they will look lost 3.5 quarters out of 4. But you can get some hardworking decent athletes whom click and the can be world beaters because no one over plays their position.......refer to 2012's group.

I do not think it was a problem with "chemistry" during play. Instead, he did not fit Bo's culture and as a result, he is gone. Clearly, the Bo culture is not for everyone.

You mean a culture of integrity and personal responsibility, focused on school first, and learning how to play with a team within the system?

I like the fact that Bo runs a tight ship with regard to academics and off-the-field behavior.

Best of luck to Afalava in the future.

You mean a culture of integrity and personal responsibility, focused on school first, and learning how to play with a team within the system?

He didn't really mean anything in particular about the culture that Bo pursues here. He just wanted to make sure we know that he doesn't like Bo. :rolleyes:

I tend to look at the kinds of guys who seem to stay around the "culture" like Ameer and Burkhead and figure it must not be all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back