• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 99 yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what is amazing is, the ease with which the play occurred:

TA unmolested in the pocket, able to fully steop into throw, and follow through, even though (I think) he stares down Q. Not sure if there was a blitz, TA looked so well protected.

Q, open by 5-10 yards, able to catch the ball cleanly, and the safety cannot make the tackle.

I think what is amazing is, the ease with which the play occurred:

TA unmolested in the pocket, able to fully steop into throw, and follow through, even though (I think) he stares down Q. Not sure if there was a blitz, TA looked so well protected.

Q, open by 5-10 yards, able to catch the ball cleanly, and the safety cannot make the tackle.

I will assume (even though I shouldn't) that Georgia was playing field position. They assumed that Nebraska would try and run (a safe play) to get a couple of yards to punt. We had not punted well all day so they assumed they would have good field position. Aside from Bell running the post through the middle of the field to take the safety out of the picture, I would assume they were watching the backfield for the run to make sure we didn't get a first down. Ergo a big whoops for Georgia and big win for Nebraska. Again only assumptions.:Biggrin:

Ok, I'm not saying this happened but the commentator mentioned this at one point so I thought I'd ask. The commentator mentioned there being a flag on the field after this play, it ended up being for sideline celebration, but he speculated it was for Enunwa going out of bounds and coming back in. I never saw an angle that could confirm or deny this...did anyone else?
Amazing play regardless. I was just curious of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm not saying this happened but the commentator mentioned this at one point so I thought I'd ask. The commentator mentioned there being a flag on the field after this play, it ended up being for sideline celebration, but he speculated it was for Enunwa going out of bounds and coming back in. I never saw an angle that could confirm or deny this...did anyone else?
Amazing play regardless. I was just curious of this.

On one of the replays you can see that Enunwa wasn't close to the sideline... pure speculation by Cunningham, as was his claim that NU was kicking the flag on the sideline.

...pure speculation by Cunningham...

Pretty much sums up Cunningham's entire broadcast. Irritating to listen to

This reminded me of the similar play against Michigan where we got the pass interference from the end zone. Maybe that was the plan and he just happened to be wide open. Hell of a throw.

Last edited:

As great as the play was TA underthrew the ball. Not critizing just observing.

I kept waiting for the ball to come down. Watch the way Q catches that ball, he is turned sideways and doesn't give a big target for the safety to hit. 1/2 second earlier and Q has his numbers pointed right at the safety and presents a big target to hit. I guess it is all in the timing.

I kept waiting for the ball to come down. Watch the way Q catches that ball, he is turned sideways and doesn't give a big target for the safety to hit. 1/2 second earlier and Q has his numbers pointed right at the safety and presents a big target to hit. I guess it is all in the timing.

yep. my thought on that was he had to slow down and turn to make the catch. The bulldog almost caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back