• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Gator Bowl 2014 - Chance to make a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
The Gator Bowl is a real opportunity for the team to make a statement going into 2014. A victory over a salty group from Georgia would go a long ways toward putting a positive spin on the off-season and stem the backwards tide. A loss will make the off-season a contentious time given the negative trajectory and since the "youth card" has no validity this late in the season. A close (10 points or less) loss, unless we get to that by meaningless scores late in the game, would be certainly be tolerable here. Another blowout, would be devastating.

If both teams play solid games and we lose, I will be okay with that. Georgia is a good team. I just don't want to see a sloppy game by the Huskers. I am sick of turnovers and crappy special teams play.

I see it as a no win. If we win its because they are missing their quarterback and having an off year anyway. If we lose it's because we suck along with the B1G.

Still I would like to see us win.

I agree - a victory would be great!

A close game that showed improvement in special teams and limited turnovers would do.
Go Big Red!

we're still young until spring correct?

I mean some were still saying how young we were losing to Iowa...

The Gator Bowl is a real opportunity for the team to make a statement going into 2014. A victory over a salty group from Georgia would go a long ways toward putting a positive spin on the off-season and stem the backwards tide. A loss will make the off-season a contentious time given the negative trajectory and since the "youth card" has no validity this late in the season. A close (10 points or less) loss, unless we get to that by meaningless scores late in the game, would be certainly be tolerable here. Another blowout, would be devastating.

I agree that it's a great opportunity to make a statement, but I don't want to put too much stock in one game. Losing Avery Moss for the game certainly hurts our run defense against Gurley, but I think we'll still be ok. Should be another good game like last season.

Speaking of last year's bowl game, do you think that differential (14 pts) constitutes a close game because of meaningless scores by Georgia late in the game, or do you consider it a blowout? We were up by 16 points late in the 4th quarter against Wyoming this season before they put up a couple of meaningless scores, yet you seemed upset by that game. I'm confused on how you evaluate such things.

I expect us to win.

Both teams have injuries and suspensions. Both teams finished the season on a low note. Georgia lost to an FCS team just 2 games ago, while we got pushed around at home by Iowa.

I think NU wants this one more. The revenge factor, going up against an SEC opponent, etc.

Last edited:

I agree that it's a great opportunity to make a statement, but I don't want to put too much stock in one game. Losing Avery Moss for the game certainly hurts our run defense against Gurley, but I think we'll still be ok. Should be another good game like last season.

Speaking of last year's bowl game, do you think that differential (14 pts) constitutes a close game because of meaningless scores by Georgia late in the game, or do you consider it a blowout? We were up by 16 points late in the 4th quarter against Wyoming this season before they put up a couple of meaningless scores, yet you seemed upset by that game. I'm confused on how you evaluate such things.

Loss >3 pts = pathetic, inexcusable blowout

anything else = make excuses for the opponent and minimize so it's actually considered a loss

I see it as a no win. If we win its because they are missing their quarterback and having an off year anyway. If we lose it's because we suck along with the B1G.

Still I would like to see us win.

Well...a win against a down Georgia team without their QB is infinitely better than a loss to a down GA team without their QB...

UGA did not blow Nebraska out last year.

They did take complete control over the final 20 or so minutes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back