• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked EA Sports Cancels NCAA Football Video Game Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Sam Keller would have agreed to litigation had he went pro?

Do you think Sam is a big boy and can turn down lawyers' ideas?

Do you understand that Sam Keller is but a MINISCULE issue here? if it wasn't his name on there it would be someone else's. Of course, Peyton Manning isn't going to be willing to take the reputation hit that Sam would be. But I bet there are a LOT of big time name athletes that agree with the lawsuit.

We can speculate all day who might support the lawsuit and who might not. At the end of the day it was initiated by someone who likely thought they would go professional, but they weren't good enough.

If I'm a season ticket holder and sit in a certain seat, then when that seat is shown in the video game, and that virtual fan has a likeness to me, I wanna get paid!!

Are you trolling now? Even if you could convince a court that the person in the game was intended to be you, it doesn't make the game more marketable. Gamers don't care if the fans are "real" people, but they want the "real" QB in the game.

If it didn't matter, EA wouldn't bother to pay NFL athletes either. They'd just slap 00 on a Denver Broncos jersey and have his name be Joe Quarterback out of Duluth Junior College.

Last edited:
We can speculate all day who might support the lawsuit and who might not. At the end of the day it was initiated by someone who likely thought they would go professional, but they weren't good enough.

Words of wisdom and common sense...

Do you understand that Sam Keller is but a MINISCULE issue here? if it wasn't his name on there it would be someone else's. Of course, Peyton Manning isn't going to be willing to take the reputation hit that Sam would be. But I bet there are a LOT of big time name athletes that agree with the lawsuit.

You bet or you know...which is it??

What holes?
Virtual dialogue from virtual courtroom...
Defense attorney: so, Sam, your virtual likeness was a money maker for video games?
Sam: absolutely
DA: so, your likeness had an arm strength of 89, is that accurate? In addition, Your skin tone appears pale, did your avatar accurately reflect your newly acquired tan, or did you find inaccuracy with the shade from your junior to your senior year?
Sam: well, really my injury propensity rating is what gets me...I mean, seriously, how many times did I get turf toe? A 45? I should have been a 25 at least...
DA: so, you agree that the QB does not accurately reflect your skills or skin tone?
Sam: no. I'm just saying that I was pale in the game, but acquired a tan, and never got injured, bit quite often played through pain...
DA: so, you feel there should have been more consideration given to your virtual self worth a pain tolerance category?
Sam: absolutely
DA: so, you basically developed and marketed this game?
Sam: well, no. But all of the student athletes contributed their skin tones, height, weights and dexterity...
DA: you do realize the video game isn't real?
Sam: yes...but its me at qb. I promise. Its me. Just not the exact skin tone or pain management score...but everything else is me...
DA: so, if that's you in the video game, how do you explain an accuracy rating of 84 but only completing 60% of your passes?
Sam: the 12 year old didn't utilize my skills as I would have...
DA: as you would have or did...cause if it happens in the game, its real...
Sam: not real in the game. If I was in that game I would have torched Kansas for 400 yards..
DA: I thought you said you were in the game...
Sam: I am..er, I was...
DA: so you were on the cover of the video game, or at least prominent...
Sam: no. But my virtual self, however subjectively flawed, had that potential...and that virtual potential should have won me the heisman...
DA: so your virtual self sold video games?
Sam: no.
DA: so your actual self sold games?
Sam: no. But collectively the virtual players played the virtual games and therefore should be paid real money based on virtual performances...
DA: defense rests...

Yep. That's exactly how the examination would go...........

:sarcasm:

My guess is those that are calling out Keller would be cheering Frazier, Gill, Frost if they were involved in the suit.

I'm not sure they'd be cheering, but there's no doubt in my mind there would be more "I totally understand where they are coming from" vs. "what a bunch of greedy, no-talent ingrates."

So it is OK to be called incredibly stupid? And then I agree that continuing an unending conversation is stupid on my part is now me needing to get over myself?

To me, it seemed like an effort to let everyone else know you are the smartest guy in the conversation, and it would be beneath you to continue. If the remark was literal, you have my apology.

Last edited:
Is any litigation unwarranted? As a Dr. maybe you do think that. Or maybe as a Dr. you are predisposed to side with the defense before the plantiff despite the facts.

Again, tell me how do you think EA/NCAA got away without compensating NCAA athletes when EA wouldn't have gotten away with it with NFL players. SCREW the NFL players right? I mean they were already getting paid to play football by their team! They are just greedy bastards for wanting...gasp...MORE MONEY for something they are 100% responsible for the success of.

So as a doctor, who puts himself out for individuals who abuse themselves, as a doctor who works pro bono with inmates for altruistic reasons, you assume I side with defense attorneys prior to prosecutors? What gives you the right to accuse me of that in the context of a video game thread/conversation? Are you that in need of defending or advancing the cause of student athletes and their right to various streams of revenue that you attack a physician and their perception and or experience with unjustified unwarranted and immoral litigation? I've been sued while saving someone's life...so yes, I'm bitter towards unnecessary litigation...gives you no right to attack me on that level...I side with the defense regardless of facts? What facts are you implying...you crossed the line...enough...

To me, it seemed like an effort to let everyone else know you are the smartest guy in the conversation, and it would be beneath you to continue. If the remark was literal, you have my apology.

Remark was literal. No apology needed. I see where a back and forth debate, conversation and overte expression of sentiment get you on this board...attacking you personally, attacking you professionally...I have stated the case is ridiculous, and gave my opinion as to how and why...I didn't call anyone out personally or professionally. Done with this board...truly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back