• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini vs Hoke

Better Head Coaching Career

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is the coach's fault they didn't recruit more talented players in 2008 and 2009.

Am I to assume that what you seek is the castigation of Pelini, and his staff, for what happened at the end of 2007 after the firing of Callahan? What purpose does it serve to point fingers now over the failures in recruiting five years ago?

It confuses me how some fans are shocked, shocked I tell you, that last year's defense wasn't all-American caliber.

Did you really expect the coaching staff to turn them into another version of 2009?

No, I just didn't expect them to turn it into another version of 2007, especially considering Bo's pedigree.

No, I just didn't expect them to turn it into another version of 2007, especially considering Bo's pedigree.

Well that's a bit inaccurate, and you know it.

2012 saw a six point loss to UCLA and a twenty-five point loss to Ohio State. Hardly comparable to beatings by 35 to MO, 31 to Okie State, or 37 to Kansas. Not to mention the four other losses in 2007.

That 2007 squad gave up 37.9 ppg over the 12 game regular season. 2012 only gave up 22 ppg during the regular schedule.

Yes, yes, yes they gave up more in the two post-season games, but adding those two games, simply for effect, is not an honest comparison

In short, 2012 was nothing like 2007 in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:
I have a new name for BO. We can call him Bolon because nothing sticks to him

oh yeah and I'm here all week folks get your tickets early

Well that's a bit inaccurate, and you know it.

2012 saw a six point loss to UCLA and a twenty-five point loss to Ohio State. Hardly comparable to beatings by 35 to MO, 31 to Okie State, or 37 to Kansas. Not to mention the four other losses in 2007.

That 2007 squad gave up 37.9 ppg over the 12 game regular season. 2012 only gave up 22 ppg during the regular schedule.

Yes, yes, yes they gave up more in the two post-season games, but adding those two games, simply for effect, is not an honest comparison

In short, 2012 was nothing like 2007 in any way, shape, or form.

I realize overall they weren't as bad, but the historically bad performances of 653 yards and 71 points given up cannot be ignored, not to mention 63 points. They also gave up an average of 53.5 ppg in their four losses. That should not happen to a defensive oriented head coach with five recruiting classes under his belt...just sayin'.

P.S. Since when did the postseason become so meaningless? I'm confused by that. You'd think that teams with championship aspirations would be building towards their best performances since they're playing (supposedly) better competition.

Big "D" in this thread you are reminding me of another Big D and SoCalRed reminds me of his opponent (Mike):

[video=youtube;x7Rbiwh-hDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Rbiwh-hDM[/video]

Last edited:

Big "D" in this thread you are reminding me of another Big D and SoCalRed reminds me of his opponent (Mike):

... other than the Tyson-Douglas fight was quite possibly the greatest upset in sports history ... while I don't know that Big D - SoCal is upset status. :)

Why, I don't understand? Is it because playing against better competition may skew those numbers in the wrong direction?

12 regular season games to 12 regular season games? And you don't understand why, especially when it's an additional 115 points that 2007 didn't have to play? Simply imagine if that 2007 team had to play an additional game against Oklahoma/Texas and the SEC runner-up. I think it's reasonable to think they might have given up another 120 to 140 points, further skewing that 40 ppg average north.

... other than the Tyson-Douglas fight was quite possibly the greatest upset in sports history ... while I don't know that Big D - SoCal is upset status. :)

Yeah I was thinking SoCal is more akin to Tex Cobb. He just keeps standing there getting his face pummeled and yet isn't really bright enough to go down. I will give him props for that.

:Biggrin: Hopefully I won't be a one hit wonder like him!

12 regular season games to 12 regular season games? And you don't understand why, especially when it's an additional 115 points that 2007 didn't have to play? Simply imagine if that 2007 team had to play an additional game against Oklahoma/Texas and the SEC runner-up. I think it's reasonable to think they might have given up another 120 to 140 points, further skewing that 40 ppg average north.

You're right, to a certain extent. The 2007 team probably would have given up a lot of points in that scenario, but they wouldn't have gotten to those last two games unless their defense was better, so their ppg against average most likely would have been lower. That still doesn't make 53.5 ppg in the losses acceptable.

Last edited:
OKAY then, all together now!

Doom, despair and agony, Oh me!
Deep dark depression, excessive misery!
if it weren't for Bo P, GREAT, NU would be,
Doom, despair and agony on me!
Joe-Btfsplk.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah I was thinking SoCal is more akin to Tex Cobb. He just keeps standing there getting his face pummeled and yet isn't really bright enough to go down. I will give him props for that.

I think you just called me stupid.

Better than constantly grinding the same dull axe the nellies seem to use.

Just because three of you constantly agree with pointless comparisons doesn't make them valid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back