• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is really weird about these 4th Quarter rallies is how bad we are in the Third Quarter in a lot of these games. I mean, we are terrible out the locker room for the start of the second half but then we catch fire at some point late.

Also, I was thinking about how we were in another of those "we are not going to score again droughts" that we have seen so many times in the past (ISU home loss, last year's Bowl Game for examples). It is great to see the team snap out of that pattern. Just goes to show, when you are down by two scores late in game, just concentrate on the first score however you have to get it before you worry about anything else.

Last edited:

So haven't read any of this thread yet.....I reckon I need to go back to about page 50 to find all the LET'S FIRE BO POSTS......I will wait for directions

What is really weird about these 4th Quarter rallies is how bad we are in the Third Quarter in a lot of these games. I mean, we are terrible out the locker room for the start of the second half but then we catch fire at some point late.

Also, I was thinking about how we were in another of those "we are not going to score again droughts" that we have seen so many times in the past (ISU home loss, last year's Bowl Game for examples). It is great to see the team snap out of that pattern. Just goes to show, when you are down by two scores late in game, just concentrate on the first score however you have to get it before you worry about anything else.

No kidding about the 3rd quarter, the stats will show for that quarter in today's game that the HUSKERS could only muster up 8 plays and a minus 4 yards of offense. That's gotta be close to being a dubious HUSKER record.

Last edited:

So haven't read any of this thread yet.....I reckon I need to go back to about page 50 to find all the LET'S FIRE BO POSTS......I will wait for directions
Don't miss all the fire Cotton posts and the can't wait until Martinez graduates posts also they are priceless.

NU seems to have to get smacked in the nose hard to concentrate.

But it points to a couple of things. You can't pull out games like this without talent. This team has learned to play well under the gun. Sort of reminds of some of the teams in the early '90's that had to learn to win some tight games after a couple of years of losing some big games. And that bodes well for the future as once the errors are minimized, I really think we have, or will have, the talent to make a run. Especially if we can be a regular at the Rose Bowl....not getting ahead of myself.

We are so close to being 4-5 it isnt even funny, but there is just something about this team ....gotta love it

Think of how good the team could be with a positive turn-over ratio, fewer penalties and some better special teams. Add a little more consistency and they would dominate the Big 10.

I also see no reason why in the future we won't be able to recruit better than everyone in the Big 10, Ohio State and Michigan excluded. Our game day atmosphere alone should keep us at the top in recruiting. It's a concept beyond most of us to see a stadium not sold out when a traditional power like Nebraska rolls into town. What else is there to do in Michigan? ;)

NU seems to have to get smacked in the nose hard to concentrate.

But it points to a couple of things. You can't pull out games like this without talent. This team has learned to play well under the gun. Sort of reminds of some of the teams in the early '90's that had to learn to win some tight games after a couple of years of losing some big games. And that bodes well for the future as once the errors are minimized, I really think we have, or will have, the talent to make a run. Especially if we can be a regular at the Rose Bowl....not getting ahead of myself.

I've been trying to make that point. No way can this team play like this at crunch time without talent. Teams that play like we do get blown out--which we do every so often usually against the better teams on our schedule. I just don't understand why the errors just keep coming and coming. Maybe this team just lacks the confidence deep down to stay out of their own way and play more consistently. Perhaps it is a comfortable excuse to always say, "we just keep making silly mistakes--no one ever really beats us." Whatever it is, it sure makes it hard on us fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back