• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tell me if I'm off base with this thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that the lack of focus comes from the Bosses being yellers? Just in and of itself, one wouldn't think so, after all Defensive coaches in particular are know to tend to be emotional and yellers... but does our staff take this to a level of dysfunctional? You need coaches who are rational in their emotion...

perhaps they take it to the level of causing confusion and self second guessing among the workers... to "your defense is so messed up no one can run it"... to "take this job and shove it..."

I cant speak for them, but I can speak for myself when I say if these young men cant handle being yelled at, at THIS point in their career, they might as well hang up the cleats. There is a high demand for performance, not just here, but everywhere. And if a player needs a fire lit under his ass, sometimes yelling is all it takes, other times thats not enough and you have to pull him, bench him, demote him, whatever. I tend to think its the other way around, that players know to a degree that they will get 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th chances. Does Bo yell? Im sure he does, does he stand right next to them and scream with a mega phone into their ear till they are bleeding out of both ears and quivering in place wetting themselves? No, you dont see any battered players that flinch like they are going to be hit whenever Bo is around.

Alonzo Whaley offered this analysis of the defense in ESPN's Big Ten Blog post: Huskers confront 'Cats, defensive demons

"The bye week allow it to hurt and sink in a little but more," Whaley said. "But I also think it allowed us to get that attitude and focus back. We know we have this in our control and can still be who we set out to be, even with the little hiccups we've had."

Wow...I wonder if all the players (TM downplayed the OSU loss earlier) think these two losses are no big deal?

I, for one, would love to see a more attacking defense, so, maybe, the other team has to worry about match-ups.

Last edited:

How in that quote do you get that he (and other players) view the losses as no big deal?

He would rather read;

"We are just barely able to walk again after the extreme ass kickings we received. I havent seen beatings like that since I put a banana down my pants and let a monkey loose. Some guys literally have to sit on inertubes during class. But we sure are going to go out and give it the ol' college try this week, even though we are all a lot more bow-legged now than before."

Love how people who are trying to be positive, and keep trying to move forward and atempt to make this season a good one are lambasted by someone who is great at creating strawmans and twisting everything to fit into his agenda. Its as if he wants them to surgically remove a finger, and get tatoos that read, NEVER FORGET and the final scores of the losses.

Last edited:
Its hard to know if our young 1-2 year players are quality yet, because the 2-3-4 year players have developed just enuf to keep them from playing, but not enuf to be a quality player themselves. You never really know how a kid will develop, whether or not he peaked as a sr in high school or not. Some kids do peak in HS, and although they give great effort, and want to be better, they just never will be, regardless of the time, work, study..... As a recruiter, its hard to know.

So did our talent just not pan out,? did we have transfers by too many kids that would have developed ? Did some not make the grades,? did some kids just give up and figure they would only be 3rd string at best, and are now just content ? Did our coaches just plain miss out on a couple kids ? Are a couple kids being coached wrong ? A few kids in the wrong scheme -- square peg--round hole.....

Im sure all these apply to a kid here or there, and Im sure theres more reasons still. You do your study, watch your tape, visit with the kid, talk to references..... No one wants this to work more than our coaches do, 60+ hour weeks all year long, Im sure they're doing the best they can.

The losses might not be a big deal, depending on how we finish the season, if we win out, and a big 10 title, we will be 11-2, and we all would have taken that at the begining of the year, and bo will be coach of the year.

Funny to think he could be coach of the year and on the hot seat all in the same year, but its possible.

How in that quote do you get that he (and other players) view the losses as no big deal?

When losses are described as little hiccups or a game that "doesn't matter," I have a hard time thinking they are as serious as some of our championship teams.

18 Second Mark:
[video]http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=100&id=1067479&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=1&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100[/video]

Last edited:
When losses are described as little hiccups or a game that "doesn't matter," I have a hard time thinking they are as serious as some of our championship teams.

18 Second Mark:
[video]http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=100&id=1067479&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=1&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100[/video]

:rolleyes:
So you'd rather them each take an open hand judo slap?

I guess I am aligning myself with the devil here, but I agree, it's a little disturbing to hear the players describe the losses as "little hiccups" or they "don't matter". Today's kids, what can you do.

The losses ARE a big damn deal to any team the cares enough...... by the way.

I guess I am aligning myself with the devil here, but I agree, it's a little disturbing to hear the players describe the losses as "little hiccups" or they "don't matter". Today's kids, what can you do.

The losses ARE a big damn deal to any team the cares enough...... by the way.

I'm not really the devil, I just tell them the truth and it makes them feel like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back