• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Friday night in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

The CHICAGOANS for NEBRASKA are hosting a Paint the City Red pre-game party on Friday night, Oct. 19 at 7:30PM, at the SIDEBAR GRILLE in the Loop.

The address is 221n LaSalle St.

Rachel Enstrom is the president of the organization.

Dont know any more details than the info above that was emailed to me.

Have fun if you are able to attend II.

Anyone know of anything going on in Chicago Friday night before the game?

Are you joking? Chicago on a Friday night? There is anything and everything going on that you could possibly desire.

You aren't looking to just hang out with a bunch of Nebraskans at some function, are you? :confused: Live a little and just go out and blend in with the locals and experience the real Chicago. Leave your red gear at the hotel. You can hang out with a bunch of Nebraskans the other 364 days this year.

:2cents:

Last edited:

Wow. Gino's. I haven't been there for about 20 years. Still looks awesome.

Yeah, I went to college in the western suburbs and taking the train in to Gino's and then catching jazz bars was a bigtime treat. Of course, I graduated 34 years ago. Took my daughters for a visit and a Cubs game about 10 years ago and we went to Gino's and it was still great then.

Are you joking? Chicago on a Friday night? There is anything and everything going on that you could possibly desire.

You aren't looking to just hang out with a bunch of Nebraskans at some function, are you? :confused: Live a little and just go out and blend in with the locals and experience the real Chicago. Leave your red gear at the hotel. You can hang out with a bunch of Nebraskans the other 364 days this year.

The difference between a Stanford fan base, and a Husker fan base I suppose...

No offense but I lived in Chicago for a year and I much prefer my own kind. Even the ones I don't like, I like better than the locals. However hanging out with husker fans in a different local is pretty cool.

The difference between a Stanford fan base, and a Husker fan base I suppose...

It is a personal choice, isn't it, not a fan base choice? If NU has 10,000 fans in town on Friday night, there are going to be many, many who will be doing just as I suggested. I have two old friends from Omaha that I talked to this week and they are each going in with different people (they don't know each other) and they have already made me envious with what they are going to do on Friday night. Nice restaurants, then music until they can't keep their eyes open (which at their ages, won't be too late).

Paradoxically, I will be in Omaha at my father-in-law's 80th birthday bash, or they just might have talked the wife and me into joining them, as they tried to a month or two ago! :)

Last edited:

It is a personal choice, isn't it, not a fan base choice? If NU has 10,000 fans in town on Friday night, there are going to be many, many who will be doing just as I suggested. I have two old friends from Omaha that I talked to this week and they are each going in with different people (they don't know each other) and they have already made me envious with what they are going to do on Friday night. Nice restaurants, then music until they can't keep their eyes open (which at their ages, won't be too late).

Paradoxically, I will be in Omaha at my father-in-law's 80th birthday bash! :)

Happy Birthday to your Husker father in law.

:lol:

No offense but I lived in Chicago for a year and I much prefer my own kind. Even the ones I don't like, I like better than the locals. However hanging out with husker fans in a different local is pretty cool.

No offense at all. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back