• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

where are we at with the roster?

Lots wrong with this

essegian is 6 4 and would play 2

Griffiths is a very clear 3 not 4 and Gary has played a lot of 4, they are reversed

Morgan will clearly play some 4 and some 5

SO
1 Uhlis, worster
2 williams jano essegian hoiberg
3 griffiths williams gary frager (could play)
4 gary morgan
5 meah morgan
So youre right tho, in that we need another 4 or another 5
If we had another 5, morgan and gary could handle the 4
Yeah I was just trying to keep it simple by only putting guys on 1 line, and I already had 3 guys on the 2 line so shifted Essegian down. Probably shoulda switched Gary and Griffiths too, I just think Gary's looked better as a 3 than a 4 so gave him the priority there. Might have been wishcasting a little bit with playing Griffiths there as I think our offense works way better when we have a 4 or a 5 who can shoot, which without Mast I don't know if we have.

I'm curious what makes you more confident about Morgan playing the 4? From the highlights I've seen he seems more like the Walker/Mast 5 type Fred likes, and I had worries about his quickness as a 4.
I also think that with enough size at the two power position, the other 3 spots can be filled by guards including Essegian. Not many teams can throw big size at all 5 spots.

Yeah I was just trying to keep it simple by only putting guys on 1 line, and I already had 3 guys on the 2 line so shifted Essegian down. Probably shoulda switched Gary and Griffiths too, I just think Gary's looked better as a 3 than a 4 so gave him the priority there. Might have been wishcasting a little bit with playing Griffiths there as I think our offense works way better when we have a 4 or a 5 who can shoot, which without Mast I don't know if we have.

I'm curious what makes you more confident about Morgan playing the 4? From the highlights I've seen he seems more like the Walker/Mast 5 type Fred likes, and I had worries about his quickness as a 4.
Some highlights showing him very athletic. Playing away from the rim well and a nice shot. I think him and gary can man the 4 with morgan playing 5 too
But we could use another 4 or 5 for sure

Some highlights showing him very athletic. Playing away from the rim well and a nice shot. I think him and gary can man the 4 with morgan playing 5 too
But we could use another 4 or 5 for sure
Maybe Bolis will be legit can play some 4

So it looks like right now we're looking at something like this:
1: Ulis, Worster
2: Williams, Janowski, Hoiberg
3: Gary, Essegian
4: Griffiths
5: Morgan, Meah

I think that rotation can work as is but my two biggest questions would be:
1) Can we find another guy who can play the 4? Griffiths and Gary can both definitely play there, but not sure if they will have the bulk in a lot of matchups, and I don't see Morgan and Meah being able to play at the same time. Maybe that Turkish kid that's been linked to us or Bolis as a PWO can fill that role?
2) If we can fill the scoring void from Keisei? I'm optimistic on this one. I think Williams can take another step, Ulis can hopefully add some more ability to get into the lane to slash and kick, and then Essegian and/or Griffiths can fill more of the shooting void. No one is Keisei, but I feel good about the group effort to replace him.
Janowski might be the best Shooter on the team,if not him then Essegian

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back