• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whats this stuff regarding Trev?

I think it's justifiable to discuss matters that involve the AD in the football forum. IMHO.

And it's a pretty loud noise. Sex is always fodder for the press and if the University and Athletic Department didn't have their ducks in a row (in terms of sexual harassment trainting, which I'm confident the did) it could be a very bad look for NU.

If the allegations are true, it's doesn't look good for Amy Williams at all.

Last edited:
Naming Alberts is just the normal type of process when a lawyer sues an organization, in this case the university athletic department. Alberts is the AD, so he is always going to be a target for any claim made against anyone in the athletic department. He is the captain of the ship and is responsible for everything, even if he didn’t even know. When an attorney is seeking to cash in on a situation, they want to try and throw the net as wide as possible for maximum potential damage and to reap the biggest payday for him/her and the client.

I think it's justifiable to discuss matters that involve the AD in the football forum. IMHO.

And it's a pretty loud noise. Sex is always fodder for the press and if the University and Athletic Department didn't have their ducks in a row (in terms of sexual harassment trainting, which I'm confident the did) it could be a very bad look for NU.

If the allegations are true, it's doesn't look good for Amy Williams at all.

Reading the article (as well as others available on the internet) this one sounds like it's destined to be a 'He said/She said' argument that will be difficult to definitively prove one way or another. Certainly Love was/is an idiot for either accepting or initiating advances and deserved termination. Williams reactions seem very odd, but again I think like with most things we're only seeing pieces of the puzzle right now.

As to the 'Failure to provide Sexual Harassment training' allegation, I have a hard time believing that is true. In construction, where the is a decided lack of women involved, we've had Sexual Harassment training since the early 2000's. It's difficult for me to comprehend how a D1 University wouldn't have been doing the same much earlier than when this alleged interaction took place.

From a legal standpoint, my first question is did Scoggins and her attorney contact the University and discuss a settlement first, or did they go straight to the suit? Now that this is out there, it seems the University would want to shy away from any settlement and defend itself in court. That is if the evidence isn't one sided and damning.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back