• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #33 vs Iowa, B1G Tournament - CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, Sun, 3/10/24, 11:00 am CST, CBS-TV (Game Thread)

Hawkeye experience down the stretch: Martin 3 big threes, Marshall two big defensive stops.

Not sure that was enough to move up to the # 7 line (even though Tennessee moved up after a close lost to #1 South Carolina). Either way, getting a first round win before facing a #1 or #2 seed might be the ceiling this season.

Great run by husker women. Had the game in the bag but took several ill-advised shots around the 2 minute mark. Program heading in the right direction, just need a little more speed.

Taking Iowa to OT in the Big 10 final on a neutral court that was like an away game is something to be proud of, even though it is frustrating because of our lead with 2:30 to go and the botched end of regulation. Great job overall for the Huskers.

Taking Iowa to OT in the Big 10 final on a neutral court that was like an away game is something to be proud of, even though it is frustrating because of our lead with 2:30 to go and the botched end of regulation. Great job overall for the Huskers.
It's the lead that got away that really hurts!! I thought they had it under control.

Hawkeye experience down the stretch: Martin 3 big threes, Marshall two big defensive stops.

Not sure that was enough to move up to the # 7 line (even though Tennessee moved up after a close lost to #1 South Carolina). Either way, getting a first round win before facing a #1 or #2 seed might be the ceiling this season.
Agree, but Iowa is a #1 seed and OSU may be a #2 seed, so getting to the sweet 16 is not impossible (unless we are in the S Car. Bracket).

Will depend on matchups. We do not match up well with a defensive pressing team like Ohio State. We can match up with a team like Iowa if our outside shooting is on that day.

Agree, but Iowa is a #1 seed and OSU may be a #2 seed, so getting to the sweet 16 is not impossible (unless we are in the S Car. Bracket).

Last edited:
The only one I would worry about would be
Marko, as she seems to tired quickly. You look
at her face after a short time and it is pinkish and
she is breathing a little heavily.
She's a big girl, but that's what makes her so effective; she can't be pushed around under the basket. If she lost weight, she probably would not be as effective.

I was proud of those girls. Four games in four days isn't easy. But they fought like a top ten team.

A difference between the men and women's game became apparent. Women with less upper body strength need their legs more for shooting, especially 3's. It became obvious in the 2nd half their legs were tired and they were missing shots down the stretch they made in the first half.

I don't know how far they will go in the tournament but with the young kids along with that new girl from Elkhorn next year, they should be fun to watch.

Yeah we took a very ill-advised shot near the 2 minute mark that likely cost us the game. Melt the clock there and it’s likely a W

It was a great effort. Clark was the difference in the second half.

I too remember that shot with about 20 seconds left on the shot clock. It wasn’t a good shot and they needed to burn more clock.

If they get a decent draw and play like this they could easily make the sweet 16

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back