• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The King and His Court

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
Something prodded my memory and I recalled watching the King and His Court whip a softball all star team in Lincoln in the late 40s. Anyone remember him? The pitcher who played with three other teammates against nine man teams, and whipped them.

In an exhibition at Dodger Stadium in 1967 he once struck out Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew in succession. In the 1981 players strike, playing before 16,000 fans in Michigan, he beat a nine man team with several major league players - he was 56 at the time.

The King (Eddy Feigner) would pitch blindfolded, behind his back, between his legs, and sometimes even from second base. I saw all of that that afternoon in Lincoln.

He often said he would play teams with just a catcher but the other team would just walk the two of them and then what?

The old barnstorming outfits were really fun to watch.

I had not heard of him, so a quick look up shows 930 no hitters with 238 perfect games over his career!

Crazy!

Something prodded my memory and I recalled watching the King and His Court whip a softball all star team in Lincoln in the late 40s. Anyone remember him? The pitcher who played with three other teammates against nine man teams, and whipped them.

In an exhibition at Dodger Stadium in 1967 he once struck out Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew in succession. In the 1981 players strike, playing before 16,000 fans in Michigan, he beat a nine man team with several major league players - he was 56 at the time.

The King (Eddy Feigner) would pitch blindfolded, behind his back, between his legs, and sometimes even from second base. I saw all of that that afternoon in Lincoln.

He often said he would play teams with just a catcher but the other team would just walk the two of them and then what?

Yep, remember him well.

I watched them in Omaha at Dill fields, It was awesome to see that as a youngster.

men fastpitch used to be quite a thing
we played at Dill and Brown mainly for league games in the 70’s and 80’s
the King was a real legend, he inspired a lot of guys

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back