• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Take a look back

They do need a good big man out of the portal and a point guard is essential. I can't help thinking that Chucky Hepburn may come home and finish his senior year at Nebraska. Damon Benning has hinted at this a few times when you here him talk. He is probably talking out his arse but he usually knows what is going on around the metro area.
I'm not a fan of Chucky Hepburn ... the book on him at Wisconsin is that he has a propensity to go off script. I think UW would let him go in a nano-second and the last thing Nebraska needs is a ME-guy coming in a disrupting the culture they've built!

I'm not a fan of Chucky Hepburn ... the book on him at Wisconsin is that he has a propensity to go off script. I think UW would let him go in a nano-second and the last thing Nebraska needs is a ME-guy coming in a disrupting the culture they've built!

Could be, I know nothing about it. I know on BTN when talking about Wisconsin at one point they were saying that Gard wanted him to look more into scoring instead of passing the ball. Chucky isn't a great 3pt guy, but he can do a little creating inside the paint.

I suppose it is possible, but I have a hard time thinking that any of the 3 mentioned are leaving to go elsewhere. Could they go to teams that have a better pedigree in college basketball? Yeah they probably can, but they aren't IMO going to get anymore NIL money or close to the adulation they are getting at Nebraska.

I would worry more about guys like Diop and Rice moving on to other schools. I think both of them could play a lot more next year. They both just need to get stronger and a little heavier. Diop might fill that Allick spot and be that hustle guy next year. I think there is lots of potential in those 2.

They do need a good big man out of the portal and a point guard is essential. I can't help thinking that Chucky Hepburn may come home and finish his senior year at Nebraska. Damon Benning has hinted at this a few times when you here him talk. He is probably talking out his arse but he usually knows what is going on around the metro area.
Good points
But you just never kmow, lots of reasons people leave. You have Gary as a question mark too
I agree a big man to replace Allick and a scorer is what we need in the portal. All signs are we have our pg in Uhlis

Last edited:
I suppose it is possible, but I have a hard time thinking that any of the 3 mentioned are leaving to go elsewhere. Could they go to teams that have a better pedigree in college basketball? Yeah they probably can, but they aren't IMO going to get anymore NIL money or close to the adulation they are getting at Nebraska.

I would worry more about guys like Diop and Rice moving on to other schools. I think both of them could play a lot more next year. They both just need to get stronger and a little heavier. Diop might fill that Allick spot and be that hustle guy next year. I think there is lots of potential in those 2.

Even if home is true with chucky, could also mean cu
I like the true frosh from wisc to get a shot and rice has potential
Diop has a really long ways to go. Real long imo

Last edited:

Janowski is a shooter ... he will be a "feet set jump shooting scorer" to start with. It is going to take a season or two for him to develop the strength and speed to be more dynamic than that.

Diop seems like a project. Not sure if he has a go to shot, or go to move. What are his strengths?

Diop seems like a project. Not sure if he has a go to shot, or go to move. What are his strengths?
Diop has all the athleticism -- like if you took Sam Hoiberg and stretched him 10". He's faster than Wilcher, moves his feet well, and jumps out of the gym. He's about 20 years old, but didn't start playing basketball until about 3 years ago. He's not likely to be a stretch 4, but he has a great motor. I'm not sure what he would get from going elsewhere -- seems like Coach Hoiberg really likes him and hasn't been afraid to put him in for spot duty.

The big question for me will be Blaise Keita. Can he ever get back? He's a presence in the middle. I think he and Diop could make Mast's life next year a lot easier without having to get lucky in the transfer portal. I'm seriously jealous of Creighton having Isaac Troudt and Jasen Green -- would be important pieces for Nebraska.

Finally, I can take or leave Chucky Hepburn. I think he likes HCFH, and the idea of playing in Nebraska. He does have a tendency to put on a cape and go out of system at the end of the game, and that hasn't been the best thing for Wisconsin.

impossible to predict because it depends so much on who they snag in the portal and who comes back. If we get everyone back that didnt do senior night, and we get 2 studs from the portal to go along with the two frosh coming in, I think we will be. But we cant strike out in the portable and we cant have Mast and Gary and Brice leave..........or even 2 out of 3 leave
I think we need to find another big man in the portal no matter what. Who knows what Keita will bring as he hasn't been healthy to play for almost 2 full seasons. I agree everyone would need to stay.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back