• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strength of Schedule 2024

plenty of games against mediocre teams, 5-7 wins for them, if things go right.... meaning just enough talent for nebr to get beat, if we half a$$ it... or go minus 2 in turnovers. we should be favored vs all except osu and possible usc, both road games

Last edited:
Huskers at #55, need to stack some wins this coming season. The schedule is set up perfectly.

2024 Strength of Schedule For All 134 FBS College Football Teams​

55) Nebraska Cornhuskers​

Toughest Game: @ Ohio State

Easiest Game: vs. Northern Iowa

S.O.S. Score: 18.00
Think I saw somewhere that based on 2023 records our conference schedule ranked as 3rd easiest. Obviously, things change year to year, but this definitely seems like a season to make a jump.

plenty of games against mediocre teams, 5-7 wins for them, if things go right.... meaning just enough talent for nebr to get beat, if we half a$$ it... or go minus 2 in turnovers. we should be favored vs all except osu and possible usc, both road games
It's not a daunting schedule. That being said, many of the teams we play are like us. This hopefully is the year we start putting some distance between them in talent and coaching
Exactly on both. We have to stop losing the coaching battle. We need a staff that at least matches development, planning and game day management of the competition. This alone gets us 9 wins this year.

I think having coaches actually knowing their players and their abilities eventually rubs off on the fans.
This is paramount in close games, making them not so close and on the fan side we start to see some of the coaching staffs pov.
Again, something not seen since TO.

I've learned over the years that the Huskers can make any schedule difficult. Honestly, with road trips to Ohio State, USC and Iowa, its a pretty tough schedule.
It’s not a tough schedule by comparison. As the article stated, 57 teams have it tougher. Only 10 power 4 teams have an easier schedule.

I've learned over the years that the Huskers can make any schedule difficult. Honestly, with road trips to Ohio State, USC and Iowa, its a pretty tough schedule.
It’s not a tough schedule by comparison. As the article stated, 57 teams have it tougher. Only 10 power 4 teams have an easier schedule.
I am encouraged by the fact that all of the B1G teams conference schedules seem fairly balanced. Everyone is playing two west coast teams. One home and one away.

Most teams of consequence play a couple of tough games and some relatively speaking easier games.

Not sure anyone is going to escape unscathed.

I am encouraged by the fact that all of the B1G teams conference schedules seem fairly balanced. Everyone is playing two west coast teams. One home and one away.

Most teams of consequence play a couple of tough games and some relatively speaking easier games.

Not sure anyone is going to escape unscathed.
Osu has the edge here. I still don't think the west coast teams are built for the Big yet.

I like our schedule this year as it starts with some very winnable games before the end of the season grind. This team needs confidence and swagger that only comes with winning. If HCMR has us winning most, if not all of our first seven games, this can cure a lot and give us swagger and confidence to be competitive with the last games on the schedule. We have the talent, but the offensive line needs to believe and expect to be dominant. The wide receivers needs to believe and expect to get open and make the clutch catch. The running backs need to believe and expect a lane will open and the 3 yards become home runs as the game progresses. The QBs need to believe and expect the pocket will hold, the receivers will run the right routes and win the contested catch. Etc…

Winning is the surest way to get this confidence and swagger that we haven’t seen since Bo was terrorizing the sidelines. Our early stretch may just be the ticket.

For entertainment purposes only:

B1GAll
NU1655
UTEP94
Colorado8
Northern Iowa
Illinois6T21
@Purdue210
Rutgers1865
@Indiana1756
@Ohio State10T34
UCLA312