• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Postseason expectations

About what was expected with today's ESPN update.

1705416379078.png

About what was expected with today's ESPN update.

View attachment 104113

On the bright side, if this (amazingly) ends up being the Huskers 1st round game, Ole Miss is "offensively challenged" too! They didn't score in the final 5:52 of their 69-57 loss at Mississippi State (and got outscored 20-6 in the 4th quarter) a couple days ago.

Their head coach Yolett McPhee-McCuin called that loss a "complete meltdown." They lost their starting PG early in the season and clearly must not trust the guards on their bench, so they're running a weird point/forward system with 6'2" F Madison Scott at PG.

Last edited:

In addition to ESPN, there are a couple of other sites that project a women's bracket.

Omni Rankings has Nebraska as one of the last ten teams in the field and a #10 seed heading out west; but, winning the first round game. Through games of Jan 28th.
1706655035760.png

CBS Sports is not updated often. Last update was Jan 23rd. Nebraska shown as an 8 seed.

Attachments

• 1706654854796.png
    1706654854796.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 21

Still an 8-seed vs. Green Bay.

One important thing Creme points out in this update is the women's committee does not use the Quad system used on the men's side. So there's no such thing as a Quad 1 win/loss, etc. The metrics they use are Top 25, Top 10 and Top 100 NET wins.

Last edited:
Autumn Johnson at ncaa.com has Nebraska as a 9-seed vs. 8-seed Oklahoma in the Albany 1 bracket. I don't see how she gets that. If Oklahoma (14-6) gets in, they won't be an 8-seed. They've got some bad losses (Princeton, UNLV and Southern all at home) Their only "signature" win is over KSU by three points at home. They're 2-3 vs. Top 25 teams, with the only other W in the 2nd game of the season over #12 Ole Miss.

Last edited:

Today's Bracketology has the Huskers as a 10-seed in tbe Albany 1 Region. Predicted 1st round matchup with 7-seed FSU. Winner would almost certainly face 2-seed UConn in Storrs!

Michigan is in Creme's Last Four In, so a loss tonight might not knock the Huskers out of his bracket entirely. Maryland and Minnesota are in his list of First Four Out.

My alma mater, George Mason (18-3) is having its best wbb season since I was an undergrad in the 90s. We've never made the tournament because back in those days Mason played in the CAA when Old Dominion was a wbb power. Mason is in the First Four Out. Fellow A-10 team Richmond (19-4) is in the Next Four Out. Mason has a *huge* game vs. A-10 leader St. Joseph's (21-2) on Thursday.

I mention all that because right now the A-10 only has one bid, the AQ. We're getting to that time of year where non-P5 conferences may start "stealing" a bid from a P5 conference.

Last edited:
Just would like to say one thing: If Marko plays well under the basket (Offense), they can be really successful in the post season!

I just know she will play well on D! :Bow:

You can do it, Marko!! :Salute::Corn2::Banana::Happyrun::Woohoo:

Last edited:
As expected, the W over Iowa significantly helped the Huskers seeding in the newest Bracketology. Unfortunately, it earned the Huskers a potential 2nd round game against overall #1 seed South Carolina in Columbia, SC! Albany 1 is loaded in Creme's projected bracket. The top three seeds are SC, Colorado and VT. KSU at # 4, ND #5 and Creighton is the #6 seed. MSU is the 7 seed.

Creme has the Huskers as the 8-seed in Albany 1 vs. 9-seed Miami.

The Huskers W IMO cost Iowa badly. They're now the #2 seed in the Portland 4 bracket. The #1 seed is NC State. UConn is the 3-seed. IMO, Iowa wouldn't get past UConn. They definitely aren't better than NC State.

Creme has Ohio State as the #1 seed in Albany 3. So the Huskers have an opportunity to scramble his bracket even more tomorrow! Also, as a result of the upsets last weekend, Maryland's now in his bracket. Michigan's still in. Minnesota's in The Next Four Out. The Big Ten has 8 teams in.

Last edited:

Creme's Bracketology updates are apparently going to come much faster the rest of the season. Last night's debacle lowered the Huskers to a 9-seed in Portland 4 vs. 8-seed Ole Miss. The winner would almost certainly get 1-seed NC State in the 2nd round in Raleigh, NC.

In this update, Maryland is the First Team Out, which costs the Big Ten a bid. Creme only has 7 Big Ten teams in this bracket update. Vanderbilt 18-7, 5-6 in the SEC replaced the Terps as the last team in. Both the ACC and SEC have NINE teams in Creme's bracket. The PAC-12'also has 7 teams in.

The NCAA women's selection committee wil reveal its current top 16 seeds tonight at 5:30 CT on ESPN2.

Last edited:
The Huskers W IMO cost Iowa badly. They're now the #2 seed in the Portland 4 bracket. The #1 seed is NC State. UConn is the 3-

Recognizing this is a Nebraska post-season thread. Iowa plays Indiana next week and finishes with Ohio State. I think those two games will play into Iowa's seeding more than the Nebraska loss.

New ESPN Bracketology came out yesterday. I 'd like our odds against Colorado better than the other top seeds as Colorado is shown as the worst of the #1s; still, the Buffs are clearly very, very good. But, Colorado lost last night after this bracket was released...Charlie Creme is earning his pay this season with all the teams in the #2-#8 slots losing on a regular basis.

The Colorado loss probably puts Iowa back onto the #1 seed line in this region and shuffles Nebraska.

1708174203638.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back