• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Texas A&M

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Looks like BOTH the men and women start March Madness against TAMU.

NO WAY that was a coincidence. Sorry, Trev, but I hope we absolutely clobber you.

You know, like a "Throwin' Bones" style Blackshirt beatdown. You still remember what that is, right?

Would be a nice big middle finger if the teams walked out in Blackshirt jerseys against A&M.

Last edited:

Looks like BOTH the men and women start March Madness against TAMU.

NO WAY that was a coincidence. Sorry, Trev, but I hope we absolutely clobber you.

You know, like a "Throwin' Bones" style Blackshirt beatdown. You still remember what that is, right?

Would be a nice big middle finger if the teams walked out in Blackshirt jerseys against A&M.
WOW! This comes across as so darn bitter, I LOVE IT. I hope we smoke 'Em in both games.....

first 10 days of his administration start with 1 coach charged with dbl murder, 1 mens bb loss that gets the last p5 school of the mat for tourney wins, and a Womens team putting the cherry on top with win......

couldnt think of a better going away present......

Last edited:
I don’t understand why our fans want to concentrate on a middle finger to Trev instead of wanting the players to concentrate on winning for their reasons. Maybe the players and coaches know more about the situation and don’t have a middle finger attitude towards Trev. Maybe some of them would rather middle finger our angry fans.

WOW! This comes across as so darn bitter, I LOVE IT. I hope we smoke 'Em in both games.....
I'm not really that bitter.

But the selection committees put BOTH Husker men and Husker ladies against A&M? That's not a coincidence. The powers that be clearly want Husker - Aggie games to stir the pot, so it's time to step up and deliver some swift victories.

But the selection committees put BOTH Husker men and Husker ladies against A&M? That's not a coincidence. The powers that be clearly want Husker - Aggie games to stir the pot, so it's time to step up and deliver some swift victories.
I don't have a problem with them taking advantage of the situation unless it appears they messed with the seedings to do it. Nebraska at 33 is deservedly in an 8 spot. It could be argued possibly a 7. Texas A&M at 45th should be an 11 or 12 seed. They should be going up against a 5 or 6 seed so they are getting an easier draw. Now we are also getting an easier draw.

On the womans side it is a little more legit. Nebraska as a 25 NET ranking got a 6 seed. Texas A&M with a 41 ranking. 4 better than the men's team, did get a 11 seed which is more indicative of where the men should have been seeded too.

I don’t understand why our fans want to concentrate on a middle finger to Trev instead of wanting the players to concentrate on winning for their reasons. Maybe the players and coaches know more about the situation and don’t have a middle finger attitude towards Trev. Maybe some of them would rather middle finger our angry fans.
Every good story has subplots, and Trev is a reasonably good subplot, so it’s just fine some fans consider that to be another bullet in the motivation gun. Just as beating the SEC head to head can be. Or the natural contempt for Texas schools in general. Maybe Tominaga is fired up and wants to extend a middle finger to the A&M staff for ignoring him at Ranger, that would be understandable. Getting the first tournament win is likely near the top, but it’s natural to have multiple motivational factors going into a game.

Let those who feel Trev is a man of low character enjoy the prospect of hanging his first losses on him. It certainly wouldn’t disappoint me.

Every good story has subplots, and Trev is a reasonably good subplot, so it’s just fine some fans consider that to be another bullet in the motivation gun. Just as beating the SEC head to head can be. Or the natural contempt for Texas schools in general. Maybe Tominaga is fired up and wants to extend a middle finger to the A&M staff for ignoring him at Ranger, that would be understandable. Getting the first tournament win is likely near the top, but it’s natural to have multiple motivational factors going into a game.

Let those who feel Trev is a man of low character enjoy the prospect of hanging his first losses on him. It certainly wouldn’t disappoint me.
I'm not going to disagree with your sub plots because.....you are correct they have them. I'm alright with players having reasons and your example of Tominaga is a good one. Getting the first win is another great example you gave. I just take exception of fans expecting the players to step up for the "fan" reason of sticking a middle finger to Trev.

Beating Trev's new school would be cathartic, but the bigger focus is winning an NCAA tournament game. Only Power 5 school without an NCAA tournament win. Nebraska needs that monkey off its back.

I'm not going to disagree with your sub plots because.....you are correct they have them. I'm alright with players having reasons and your example of Tominaga is a good one. Getting the first win is another great example you gave. I just take exception of fans expecting the players to step up for the "fan" reason of sticking a middle finger to Trev.
I didn't really sense that the fans were putting the pressure on the players, but if they are, I doubt the players are listening to much in the way of outside noise. Those guys have plenty of pressure they will put on themselves. For me, no one really having the experience of playing in the Dance is a major concern. Experience in that atmosphere is hugely beneficial.

With the back story it’s all about viewership and the almighty $$$$$.
Pretty smart move on the committees part

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back