• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEB vs PITT - Final Four (Semi-Final) Thursday - 12/14/23 - 6 pm Ctrl - Amalie Arena - Tampa, Fla

Wow, old CrnhskrBob ! About 30 hours preceding the semi-final match and you've already started your "Chatter".
I'm impressed because the hype is already overwhelming today and you're on top of everything. The office can do without me for the last hour of Thursday as I'm heading home early and plopping my butt in front of my 60" screen with the Bose' sound system cranking up John Baylor play-by-play. Husker women are 4-0 in the tourney and it's time for 2 more wins to finish the weekend and season.

Wow, old CrnhskrBob ! About 30 hours preceding the semi-final match and you've already started your "Chatter".
I'm impressed because the hype is already overwhelming today and you're on top of everything. The office can do without me for the last hour of Thursday as I'm heading home early and plopping my butt in front of my 60" screen with the Bose' sound system cranking up John Baylor play-by-play. Husker women are 4-0 in the tourney and it's time for 2 more wins to finish the weekend and season.
Thanks!
And, yes! Uno, dos! :Hooray::Hooray:

I find it tough to listen to John and watch It on TV. It's not quite in sync, and I find it disruptive. Too bad, because John is so into it, and he is funny as all get out.

Last edited:
If you use a video streaming service like YouTubeTV it’s quite easy to sync with say audio on a cell phone by pausing one side for a couple seconds. Another benefit is that one can walk away from the TV and continue listening. The hard part for me is trying to sync a recorded video stream. Husker.com audio recordings are reduced by eliminating game breaks in my experience.

Big game this evening for the Husker ladies. it appears to me these teams are pretty evenly matched and seem to play similar games. Pitt has some graduates, juniors and seniors that have been on this stage (final 4 ) before. But Huskers, while young have demonstrated they are capable of not letting the moment overwhelm them.

Nebraska played 11 ranked opponents, with an average ranking of 12.3 -where they enjoyed a 10W and 1L record, with our 1 loss to Wisconsin (5).

Pitt played 12 ranked opponents, with an average ranking of 12.4 - where they 9W vs 3L. 3 of these ranked contests were in the post season, with regular season loses to Louisville (6) Oregon (7) and BYU (17).

Common opponents -
Georgia Tech and Kentucky. Nebraska was 2W - 0L against these teams. Pitt was 4W - 0L.

Highest ranked victories
Nebraska - Stanford (5), Wisconsin (1)
Pitt - Louisville (4) and (7)

Highest ranked losses
Nebraska - Wisconsin (5)
Pitt - Louisville (6), Oregon (7), BYU (17)

I’m calling for a Husker win in 5 sets. But this should be a tight match. Would love to be wrong and sweep them in 3!

What does everyone think about this match up?

Last edited:

Audio:

Normally experience should win out over youth, but I think the win over Penn State with their home crowd will pay dividends tonight.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back