• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most fun I've had with Nebrasketball

Flat Water

Recruit
2 Year Member
I posted a while back about how my rule of thumb with Nebrasketball has been to expect bad things to happen because they inevitably will. But this team has started to change that. Hoiberg has a group of high character guys who play incredibly well together. This team is a real pleasure to watch. I don't know if they'll win tomorrow, but they've already exceeded my expectations.

And I loved hearing Fred say in a post-game interview that he is "all in" on Nebraska when asked about the Trev Alberts departure. We need more Freds in Husker athletics.

Just enjoying the ride. Definitely the most fun season since at least their run under Nee ('94?). Maybe ever.

The way they played against IU, they looked like they could be playing a while yet. And they seemed to be all business in the locker room afterwards. Hope it continues. A Cinderella story would be sweet.

I loved Fred’s reply to the athletic director question. It was clear what happens above him isn’t going to change his results. He appeared confident and determined. He also felt replacement would be good. We have some really good coaches that will push this amazing brand forward.

I loved Fred’s reply to the athletic director question. It was clear what happens above him isn’t going to change his results. He appeared confident and determined. He also felt replacement would be good. We have some really good coaches that will push this amazing brand forward.
I missed it … what did he say?

I missed it … what did he say?

Here is from the transcript...

Q. Fred, first, any comment on Trev Alberts' departure?

Hoiberg: "I was wondering when someone was going to ask me that question. We've got a job to do now. I wish Trev the best in his new journey, Trev and Angie. I'm confident that the leadership will find a really good replacement that will do a great job leading the athletic department. I'm all in on this place. I love it. I want to be here. Hopefully we can continue to have success, have sustained success at Nebraska. There's no doubt that we can do it with the fan support, with the facilities that we have. This is a place that is really special, and it's going to attract a really good leader for our athletic department. Again, I wish Trev the best, but we've got a job to do right now. We're focused. You could see that today with our guys, and it's got to continue. Hopefully we come out and play well again tomorrow. We're going to have to against a really good basketball team."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back