• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #07, (L, 60-58) @ CLEMSON (B1G/ACC Challenge), 8:00 pm CST, ESPNU

With our brutal non-con, we had to find a way to get it done, even with a young team on the road, we needed that one pretty bad.

Team just has to get back on track, work through it and get better. My biggest thing for this team this year as always been just developing players and learning how to close out games.

With our brutal non-con, we had to find a way to get it done, even with a young team on the road, we needed that one pretty bad.

Team just has to get back on track, work through it and get better. My biggest thing for this team this year as always been just developing players and learning how to close out games.
We are better than we were last year, but we sure haven't figured out how to close out games. We had Clemson tonight, we just lost it down the stretch. So damn close.

I'm rarely right, but going into this year I thought that the success or lackthereof in McVeigh would go a long ways into telling us just how good we'd be. We need consistent production out of him to supplement us offensively and it shows. If he can't get back on track then we may just want to go youth movement and try to get the production from Roby and/or Horne.

I'm usually not overly optimistic about Nebraska basketball. This team does have some young talent. They might be able to finally put this thing together next year. Like always though, I'll believe it when I see it. I will say this though, these freshman and sophomores give me about 20x more optimism than Collier and Doc's rosters ever did.

This team can't score a bucket to save their behinds!!! What is with Gill and McVeigh? They are playing horrible

We are better than we were last year, but we sure haven't figured out how to close out games. We had Clemson tonight, we just lost it down the stretch. So damn close.
Not sure we are better right now than last season but we will be by the end of the year...although our record might now show it. Jordy looks good on defense for a true freshman, he looks a lot more confident every game.

McVeigh looks like Webster did as a Sophomore. No confidence at all and fighting the game mentally.

Free throws and 3 pointers, how many free throws did Clemson make? How many 3 pointers did Nebraska make 2? I like the way the team is playing. They are scrappy and that will help them in league play. The B1G is a little down this year which should help them.

If Watson and Webster can keep playing at this level it will really help this team reamain in games. You got to like Morrow rebounding and getting 10 every game. He plays bigger than 6'7". I would reduce Gill's minutes. I haven't seen him do anything in any of the games I have watched.

I don't know how many games they will win this year, but I like they way they are playing.

Huskers Fall Just Short at Clemson

VHIUSZAPETMSQBI.20161120040519.JPG

Glynn Watson Jr. led NU with 20 points and four steals.

Clemson, S.C. – Nebraska had a chance to send the game into overtime, but Tai Webster’s runner at the buzzer fell short, as the Huskers suffered a 60-58 loss to Clemson in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge Wednesday night.

With 2.8 seconds left, the Huskers had the ball at midcourt and got the ball to Webster, who drove to the foul line, but the ball rolled off allowing the Tigers to escape with a two-point victory.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211332019&DB_OEM_ID=100

Last edited:

I just Noticed - 1,899 VIEWS of This Thread! :Bow: HOLY MOLY! MBB must be coming up in the world! ;)

(Come to look at it, All the Game Threads are getting Lots of Views! :))

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back