• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is a good crowd expected for Saturday scrimmage.

Let me just ask here, as maybe you have an answer. Why don’t they play this game at 6:00-7:00 pm? I mean, wouldn‘t a Saturday night home game be good for everyone? You could make it a spectacle, a tradition. Be a lot going on down there on a Saturday night. Make tv come to you. I’d think it would be a grand slam, for everyone. Businesses would love it.
I don't understand the 11 a.m. A night game would be cool but the weather can be dicey this time of year and at night it could easily be 25 degrees cooler than say 2 p.m.

I'm guessing it's 100% dictated by tv.

I don't understand the 11 a.m. A night game would be cool but the weather can be dicey this time of year and at night it could easily be 25 degrees cooler than say 2 p.m.

I'm guessing it's 100% dictated by tv.
This time of year, a drop in temp might be from 75° to 60°, mostly. Exceptions for sure, but mostly, it’s almost May. Request a night kick off with the TV networks, if they even decide to televise you? It doesn’t make any sense to have that game during the day. I’ve wondered this for years and years.

Here is the BTN schedule for Saturday

11:00am
B1G Spring Football: Nebraska Not Rated

1:00pm
B1G Live: Game Break Not Rated

1:15pm
B1G Baseball: Iowa at Nebraska Not Rated

4:15pm
The B1G Moment: Nebraska Hail Mary TV-PG L
Jordan Westerkamp, Ron Kellogg III, Jeremiah Sirles, Matt Davison and Cornhusker fans look back on Nebraska's game-winning Hail Mary pass against Northwestern in 2013.
This show will also reair:
  • May. 18, 2024 6:30pm
  • May. 22, 2024 11:30pm
  • May. 28, 2024 12:30am

4:45pm
Campus Eats: Late Night TV-PG
From Estela's mother-son take on fresh Mexican to Champaign's 24/7 breakfast at Mary Ann's Diner, Jenny and Troy try a variety of late night spots. Find an array of board games at Maryland's The Board and Brew, plus stops at Purdue and Nebraska.
5:00pm
B1G Spring Football: Maryland Not Rated

7:00pm
B1G Spring Football: Rutgers Not Rated

9:00pm
The B1G Show Not Rated
Looks like Rutgers and Maryland get prime time slots
Kind of :Stickouttongue: as both of those games are prerecorded and shown at 5 and 7 pm
At least we are shown live

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back