• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Go Get The Double Bye!!! #Huskers

Hopefully this was the confidence builder they needed. Don't forget some of these teams they are playing no longer have anything but pride to play for so that may be a positive for us as well.

Hopefully this was the confidence builder they needed. Don't forget some of these teams they are playing no longer have anything but pride to play for so that may be a positive for us as well.
Minnesota and Rutgers (outside shot) still have tournament hopes.

Ohio State just beat Purdue under their interim coach (has this team under-achieved and recently been awakened or did they play above their paygrade against Purdue?).

Michigan, last game of the season, @Michigan, who might be playing for Howard's coaching life!

If I had to choose which of the 4 would be at home - I'd probably choose Minnesota and Rutgers!

Ignoring Illinois and Purdue:

Northwestern has Michigan, @Maryland, Iowa, @MSU and Minnesota (3-2 maybe 4-1)
Wisconsin has @Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois and @Iowa (3-1 maybe 2-2)
Michigan State has @tOSU, @Purdue, NW and @Indiana (2-2 maybe 3-1)

NU would have to at a minimum go 3-1 down the stretch to end up in a tie with one or multiple teams in front of them. Beating Minnesota is critical!

Near as I can tell, We are in the Driver's seat for a 4th place finish (Double-bye) in the Big Ten Tournament.

Wisconsin just lost one of the games (Indiana) they needed to win to stay ahead of us. They need to win two of their three remaining games (Illinois, Rutgers & Purdue) just to stay even with us (and we own the tie-breaker).

Win Out (Ohio State, Rutgers & Michigan) and I believe we Finish in Third Place!

Near as I can tell, We are in the Driver's seat for a 4th place finish (Double-bye) in the Big Ten Tournament.

Wisconsin just lost one of the games (Indiana) they needed to win to stay ahead of us. They need to win two of their three remaining games (Illinois, Rutgers & Purdue) just to stay even with us (and we own the tie-breaker).

Win Out (Ohio State, Rutgers & Michigan) and I believe we Finish in Third Place!
Nebraska has the longest winning streak in the Big Ten at the moment, and one of the longest in the "power" conferences. Hope they can extend that winning streak another game or two!

Looks like the three teams left are the bottom three in the conference. The path is there to be taken

We hold tie-breaker (if head-to-head is the 1st tie-breaker) with Wisconsin and Michigan State. We split with Minnesota and Northwestern.

Michigan State remaining games - @Purdue, NW and @Indiana - likely 1-2 maybe 2-1
Wisconsin remaining games - Rutgers, Illinois and @Iowa - likely 1-2 maybe 2-1
Minnesota remaining games - @Illinois, Indiana, PSU and @Northwestern - likely 2-2 maybe 1-3
Northwestern remaining games - @Maryland, Iowa, @MSU and Minnesota - likely 3-1 maybe 2-2

I think all NU has to do is go 2-1 down the stretch to secure a 4th seed!

Wow has Wisconsin fallin.......they could be very well a last four in team or first four out with the way things have gone as well as their remaining schedule.

Wow has Wisconsin fallin.......they could be very well a last four in team or first four out with the way things have gone as well as their remaining schedule.
No Wisconsin barring 4 straight losses from here on .... a solidly in the tournament. In fact they're likely a lock.

They've played Tennessee, @Providence, Virginia (N), SMU (N), Marquette, and @Arizona in their non-conference schedule. Going 3-3 in those 6 games.

Most mock brackets have them currently as a 6 seed. They're not dropping much further even if they lose out.

We hold tie-breaker (if head-to-head is the 1st tie-breaker) with Wisconsin and Michigan State. We split with Minnesota and Northwestern.

Michigan State remaining games - @Purdue, NW and @Indiana - likely 1-2 maybe 2-1
Wisconsin remaining games - Rutgers, Illinois and @Iowa - likely 1-2 maybe 2-1
Minnesota remaining games - @Illinois, Indiana, PSU and @Northwestern - likely 2-2 maybe 1-3
Northwestern remaining games - @Maryland, Iowa, @MSU and Minnesota - likely 3-1 maybe 2-2

I think all NU has to do is go 2-1 down the stretch to secure a 4th seed!
Why do we have the tie-breaker with Wisconsin when we split with them?

Why do we have the tie-breaker with Wisconsin when we split with them?

Since the tie breaker is needed when there is already a tie for the Conf record, it goes Head to Head. After head-to-head, it goes to the overall record. That is where the Huskers have the advantage right now. This is how I understand it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back