• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

first cook of the year.

MiniDisk

Option Football anyone?
2 Year Member
taken at 8 pm after 11 hours on the smoker.....
left is my normal rub, right is a salt-free rub im trying.

3-10-24-PBcook2.jpg

I was going to do a pork butt five or six weekends ago at the request of one of my wife's friends, but it rained. Torrential rain. I do have a pretty good sized umbrella over my Kamado Joe, but my last attempt to smoke something when the weather was like that was a giant sized pain. Postponed it and stuck the butt in the freezer.

The next schedule event a few weeks later, the guest of honor came down with Covid. I honestly didn't know that was still a thing. Left the butt in the freezer.

The next weekend, my wife came down with Covid. The butt is still in the freezer, but I did do a chicken, kind of like Pitchers & Catchers reporting to Spring training in the smoking world.

The week after that, the wife gets rebound Covid. Yep. They're making up new names all the time. Butt still frozen.

We were supposed to have her friend over this weekend, but the wife was still under the weather and Saturday was like a damned monsoon again.

Butt is still in the freezer.

I'm thinking next nice weekend I don't have something scheduled, I'm just going to throw that bad boy on the smoker, especially after seeing your pictures. If no one else is there to eat it, sucks for them.

I was going to do a pork butt five or six weekends ago at the request of one of my wife's friends, but it rained. Torrential rain. I do have a pretty good sized umbrella over my Kamado Joe, but my last attempt to smoke something when the weather was like that was a giant sized pain. Postponed it and stuck the butt in the freezer.

The next schedule event a few weeks later, the guest of honor came down with Covid. I honestly didn't know that was still a thing. Left the butt in the freezer.

The next weekend, my wife came down with Covid. The butt is still in the freezer, but I did do a chicken, kind of like Pitchers & Catchers reporting to Spring training in the smoking world.

The week after that, the wife gets rebound Covid. Yep. They're making up new names all the time. Butt still frozen.

We were supposed to have her friend over this weekend, but the wife was still under the weather and Saturday was like a damned monsoon again.

I'm thinking next nice weekend I don't have something scheduled, I'm just going to throw that bad boy on the smoker, especially after seeing your pictures. If no one else is there to eat it, sucks for them.
They get sick this time? Yea, I'd chew their butt.

So in addition to athlete's foot, freezer butt?

If I was closer. I would help out

I normally do 3 to 4 butts at a time. Then I suck and seal in one pound bags for later use. I do wings the same way, 30 lbs so I don't have to do it all the time. That way if a party comes up, I have a great reserve in the freezer.
How do you reheat wings, I use anova for pork butt

I normally do 3 to 4 butts at a time. Then I suck and seal in one pound bags for later use. I do wings the same way, 30 lbs so I don't have to do it all the time. That way if a party comes up, I have a great reserve in the freezer.
yeah im the same way. bought a big chamber sealer for the job. had a small 100 dollar one and wanted to do more and also chilli and stuff like that thats more liquid.

forgot to get a pic of the regular rub butt, but this is the salt free rub. i dont wrap my butts until after their done on the smoker and then i wrap them for the resting.
done_PB.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back