• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Derrion Grim leaving Update: offered a few thoughts on his departure to newspaper in Stockton, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a personal reason that is legitimate that we are unaware of. However, being that the coaches are trying to talk him out of it more than likely not.

Yeah suppose you are right. Just kind of odd to me that it takes him 7 entire months to decide that he is homesick. But who knows, O well. Could have been a nice addition to the program but NU receiving corp doesn't miss a beat because of this.

JD Spielman/Lavan Alston COME ON DOWN!! :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Yeah suppose you are right. Just very odd to me that it takes him 7 entire months to decide that he is homesick.

Yeah you never know. We had guys when I was in USAF OTS who left 8 to 9 weeks in (13 week officer boot camp). Sometimes for what I thought were trivial reasons. We could leave on our own accord until we were pinned on to 2Lt as they wanted officers who wanted to be there.

What is trivial to one is serious to another.

Do we know he's left the team or just gone home for a while

Guessing that is what the staff is going to be talking about to him tonight as they try to persuade him to stay. Not sure there is a whole lot a coaching staff can say to sway him if this is the sole reason he wants to go though.

A shame, as from ***'s analysis, sounded like Grim was likely to see playing time this season ... which means he has to be pretty darn good to do so as a true freshman in a stacked position.

But, what can you do? It happens.

I can tell you having gone to HS and college BA/MA in California a move to the Midwest is a bit of a shock to some. My dad was from Kansas and I went to grade school in Oklahoma so getting my assignment to Ellsworth AB in Rapid City was a life change for me however, my background a little easier for me. We had some guys who really struggled with it to begin with from places like CA and FL.

A shame, as from ***'s analysis, sounded like Grim was likely to see playing time this season ... which means he has to be pretty darn good to do so as a true freshman in a stacked position.

But, what can you do? It happens.
Indeed it does. Not the first time nor will it be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back