• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado names Deion Sanders Head Coach

I’m seeing Colorado -7 vs NDSU on DK which is wild to me.

Is NDSU supposed to be really good this year? I get that they are an FCS powerhouse but like it or not Colorado still has a Heisman candidate QB and two very good receivers in Travis Hunter and Jimmy Horn.

I’m seeing Colorado -7 vs NDSU on DK which is wild to me.

Is NDSU supposed to be really good this year? I get that they are an FCS powerhouse but like it or not Colorado still has a Heisman candidate QB and two very good receivers in Travis Hunter and Jimmy Horn.
NDSU is well coached, well disciplined and very well motivated to be David with his sling.
They are good enough to completely focus on just this one game partly because they are so much better than most of their competition.
If the bluffs so much as slightly overlook them, could end in an upset.

"Regardless of reviews of the song, it’s good to encourage creativity in the young people who will be leading the world, and more importantly, the NFL teams of tomorrow." I hope that was written with tongue in cheek.

I don't know why they're panning "Perfect Timing." Sounds like all the rest of that Hip Hop Clap Trap stuff to me.

"Regardless of reviews of the song, it’s good to encourage creativity in the young people who will be leading the world, and more importantly, the NFL teams of tomorrow." I hope that was written with tongue in cheek.

I don't know why they're panning "Perfect Timing." Sounds like all the rest of that Hip Hop Clap Trap stuff to me.
There's more than a few scouts panning on Shedeur as top NFL qb.
They point out certain aspects of his game where he is severely limited, with film of course.
I think we have a much better guy working hard in Lincoln.

Colorado beat NU last year, and 247 has them ranked 22 in the 2024 recruit & transfer ranking, while Nebraska is 23. I like what NU is doing and question the Colorado approach, but I need NU to win before dumping on Deon.

Colorado beat NU last year, and 247 has them ranked 22 in the 2024 recruit & transfer ranking, while Nebraska is 23. I like what NU is doing and question the Colorado approach, but I need NU to win before dumping on Deon.
I may be old school with this, but I think it's more than wins and losses. Yes that's the way we seem to measure everything, but I think it's how we get there that counts for something. Especially if how we get there involves the lives of a bunch of young men.

Here's the biggest difference I see in the Deon approach versus the Rhule approach. Both understand these kids want to get to the NFL, it's not really about a college education. But listen to Rhule when he talks about getting to the NFL, he talks about staying there a long time. He's setting the guys up not to just get there, but get there and stay there. And I believe that means more than the ability to play football, it means all the other things in life you learn along the way. Rhule teaches the things you need for long term success if life, Deon is saying play for me and that alone will give you a shot to make the NF because people pay attention to me so they will see you.

Both ways can get a kid to the NFL, but only one way prepares the kid for what he's abut to face once he gets there, which in turn gives him a better chance for long term success, in the NFL and in life.

I may be old school with this, but I think it's more than wins and losses. Yes that's the way we seem to measure everything, but I think it's how we get there that counts for something. Especially if how we get there involves the lives of a bunch of young men.

Here's the biggest difference I see in the Deon approach versus the Rhule approach. Both understand these kids want to get to the NFL, it's not really about a college education. But listen to Rhule when he talks about getting to the NFL, he talks about staying there a long time. He's setting the guys up not to just get there, but get there and stay there. And I believe that means more than the ability to play football, it means all the other things in life you learn along the way. Rhule teaches the things you need for long term success if life, Deon is saying play for me and that alone will give you a shot to make the NF because people pay attention to me so they will see you.

Both ways can get a kid to the NFL, but only one way prepares the kid for what he's abut to face once he gets there, which in turn gives him a better chance for long term success, in the NFL and in life.
And that's not a talent thing, thats a character thing

Agreed with this, and totally get it.

Still, we need to beat Prime on the field.

The idea that one is not allowed to criticize another teams coach for how they manage their team, unless your team has beaten their team, is one of the most subjugated and milquetoast explanations I have ever heard of.

Would that apply to McCartney with all the hate he preached, or Tressel with his benefits violations, or Paterno with his scandal and cover up? They cannot be criticized unless your team has beaten them?

That kind of thinking is absurd.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back