• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3 UCFantastic Days

I will be skipping the Nebraska game to watch the UCF game.

I will be watching UCF with a friend of mine on the ICU floor. His son has been there (by next Sat) for 199 days. The staff allowing me and another friend to stay late and watch the game with them.

We can't tailgate or have any food in the room so once his son goes to sleep for the night (usually around 11) we are heading out to eat. I will catch the Nebraska game on replay GBR! ChargeON!

Help me out here...What's your connection to ucf again?

Same as yours with UNL. I am fan. So did you like my report?

I had good time in Orlando. I am sorry if it upsets you. You don't seem to be very happy about it.

Last edited:
His man crush with Scott Frost.
C

As do you with Mile Riley, as do many with Tom Osborne, and as do many with the UNL football program. It is not uncommon for people to be fans of particular players, coaches or progams.

You can call it a man crush if you like. I think a more accurate term is being a fan.

Last edited:
Same as yours with UNL. I am fan. So did you like my report?

I had good time in Orlando. I am sorry if it upsets you. You don't seem to be very happy about it.
1. I grew up in Nebraska. Graduated from unless.

2. It doesn't upset me at all.

3. Just because I'm not upset by it doesn't mean I don't find it really weird that a grown man has gone all "fan boy" on scott frost...to the point you travelled a thousand miles to get close to him.

1. I grew up in Nebraska. Graduated from unless.

2. It doesn't upset me at all.

3. Just because I'm not upset by it doesn't mean I don't find it really weird that a grown man has gone all "fan boy" on scott frost...to the point you travelled a thousand miles to get close to him.

It was a vacation. It included Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. 1000 miles is only 2 hours by plane. It is not that difficult. I had never heard of or been to a football Fantasy Camp and I had never been to Florida. There were plenty of reasons to go. For a life long CF fan the camp was something I was interested in doing, so I did it. UNL did not offer one. It was a good vacation.

Weird as it may be, I was rooting for SF in 1997 and I find that I am still rooting for him. SF is still a member of the Husker family, isn't he? And by the way, everyone who attended the camp was an adult.

UCF is not being led by a graduate of USC.

While I was there I did not try to get close to SF. However, I did want to observe how he was as a leader. I think Shaun Eichorst would like SF. He is definitely not an energy vampire. On the last day, as a group, the campers were given 10 minutes in SF's office and we talked football. That was it.

Scott said that he does not want his team thinking beyond the game with South Carolina State. No championship goals at this time. He is managing expectations perfectly. SF is a smart guy and a very good HC. I am sorry Bils, but I had fun watching him in action. I am a big fan of top notch leadership. I thought it was fun watching TO and Lombardi in action as well... and Patton is one of my favorite movies.

There are plenty of 3-day periods I will never remember. But those were 3 days I will never forget. I got to see how an FBS program is run during 2 a days. I met all of the assistant coaches. I ate with the players and coaches. I went to all of the team meetings. At one team meeting the campers had to step in front of the team and introduce themselves like a new freshman would. I went to several position group meetings. I learned how film study is done. We were given personal tours of the training and equipment rooms. They dressed us up in full UCF football uniforms and let us run around in them playing football in the indoor facility. We had a stealth photographer following us around and I left with a DVD that has over 100 photos on it. They gave us a gym bag full of UCF shirts, shorts, hats and a a warm up suit. I got to see all of the practices and got to evaluate the talent. It is nice to be able to do something different once and a while. I don't care if you think it was weird. I have no regrets.

Last edited:

Glad you had a good time and that Scott is doing so well. Have you joined a UCF fan board yet? Seems like a lot of other UCF fans would like to hear about your experience.

Glad you had a good time and that Scott is doing so well. Have you joined a UCF fan board yet? Seems like a lot of other UCF fans would like to hear about your experience.

Thanks, GFOA. I think that is a good idea. Yes, I think UCF fans would appreciate my thoughts much more than folks on this board. But I do not think UCF has a fan board. What Big Red Max has created is probably more of an exception that a rule.

I'll bet *** would have enjoyed the experience. During the position meetings and film study the coaches were speaking a language I could not understand. Not as foreign as Chinese, but close.

"Alfred, you are supposed to go off the right shoulder through the B gap when we call a trumpet defense!"

"But coach, when the running back goes in motion to the Pontiac side I thought that we were supposed to automatically switch to a Tuba scheme where I am responsible for the C gap!"

My game of tennis is much less complicated than than football.

Last edited:

As do you with Mile Riley, as do many with Tom Osborne, and as do many with the UNL football program. It is not uncommon for people to be fans of particular players, coaches or progams.

You can call it a man crush if you like. I think a more accurate term is being a fan.

When I write multiple 500-1000 word posts about MR then you can say it is a man crush.

C

When I write multiple 500-1000 word posts about MR then you can say it is a man crush. C

I write 500-1000 word posts all the time and on practically any subject. I must have many crushes. I have written long posts about Mike Riley, too.

But MR is 6-7 as a Husker whereas SF was something like 24-2 with a NC. SF has earned more football credit with me than MR...he has earned my fandom.

I don't especially like being the fan of a loser. Most people don't. That is why the sell-out streak did not start until Bob Devaney turned UNL into a winner in 1962. Callahan lost a lot of fans after falling behind Okie State by 30 points at halftime in Memorial Stadium. People went home.

If MR's team goes 15-0 this year you might be claiming I have a man-crush on MR. I will be writing long posts about it, for sure.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back