Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
  • Butch Rasmussen RSS Feed

by Published on 06-05-2014 08:04 PM     Number of Views: 4924 
    Article Preview

The Touchdown Club sports bar at the Cedar Bowl in North Platte has a large quantity of Cornhusker sports photos and memorabilia available for sale. Ownership has changed hands and the new owners want to offer a different theme in the Club.

The Touchdown Club has the largest collection ...
    by Published on 05-11-2014 12:49 PM     Number of Views: 4143 
    1. Categories:
    2. Football
    Article Preview

It’s one of my favorite Sports Illustrated covers. The date: November 20, 1978. “Nebraska bursts Oklahoma’s bubble” shouts a bold teaser under the SI masthead. “Rick Berns shreds the Sooners” comes a secondary thought.

Berns, a tall lanky I-back from Wichita Falls, Texas, shared backfield duties with Isaiah (I.M.) Hipp and both were key contributors to 1970s-style Husker football navigated by coach Tom Osborne.

Recalling that SI cover brings back memories ...
    by Published on 09-02-2013 06:19 AM     Number of Views: 8134 
    1. Categories:
    2. Football
    Article Preview

Printed with permission from The North Platte Telegraph.

I had a conversation with former Husker All-America quarterback Dave Humm (1972-’74) recently after hearing Alabama head football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant brought Joe Namath to Humm’s home in Las Vegas during the recruiting process in 1970.

Namath as most sports fans know is a former ’Bama quarterback from the early ’60s who went on to play professionally ...

• Video player