• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yvan Ouedraogo is leaving program (> Grand Canyon U)

He's a great athlete for as tall as he is -- as others have said, he doesn't have a feel for scoring at all. I think he would do well at a school like Akron, following in Jordy Tshimanga's steps.

Wish him the best, he's earned it.

Last edited:
Yeah, he just wasn’t going to get much playing time next year. Andre had clearly passed him and Walker is returning. I just don’t think he has the wingspan or explosiveness to be a starter at this level. If I were advising him, I’d tell him to go to a mid-major school where he could log a ton of minutes and work on offensive development. I would suggest the MEAC or America East, those conferences fit his style of play better and I bet he could put up solid numbers.

He's a great athlete for as tall as he is -- as others have said, he doesn't have a feel for scoring at all. I think he would do well at a school like Akron, following in Jordy Tshimanga's steps.

Wish him the best, he's earned it.

I'd say even go lower. Go to a top D2 and be an absolute beast, get some stats, back to Europe for his career.

I liked the kid a lot. There were times in this last season where his hustling really stood out to me. I think in a different situation, he can thrive. Best for both parties that he moves on. Wish him nothing but success.

However, I do like the fact that we have added some size and length to our program. Losing a guy like Yvan isn't a big deal even for defense and rebounding.

Our guard play hasn't been good enough (by a long shot) to survive us being as small as we have been--especially in the Big Ten. I like the trajectory.

He’s a good guy, he seemed to take coaching well, he looked like he put the work in with S&C, and he had 2 areas of his game that were actually quite good. First, his footwork defensively was impressive. He handled smaller guys out front, slowed them down, and still slid off to cover his inside responsibilities. Second, he was shockingly good at getting great position for entry passes into the lane. Sadly, his inability to convert those was his undoing with this team. Not a great passer, or in the same league as Walker or Andre, not a shot blocker, which we could have used and solidified him more minutes.

I liked his hustle, and his desire to get better. It just doesn’t look like he can find a position in the B1G.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back