• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

YouTube TV and the Championship Match

I've had YTTV and now HULU Live. Although I agree about the better UI, I found YTTV much "buggyer" than Hulu, which has been stone cold reliable. I had all kinds of issues with YTTV - did uninstall/reinstall at least a half a dozen times in the year+ that I used it. I don't think it was my system given the solid reliability of Hulu and other streaming apps on the same system.

And man, do I ever agree with you re: a true ala carte plan. Sometimes I feel like the streamers are using cable TV as their golden standard :rolleyes:

Streaming hasn’t been as empowering for cord cutters as it’s been made out to be.

Anything greater than $50 bucks a month is hardly a value service, IMHO.

The more I think about it, of course it makes sense for Disney to “pull the plug” and see how many customers they can lure over to Hulu. If they don’t see desirable migration, they’ll eventually come back to the negotiating table. Disney makes money either way, but I’m assuming that Hulu is the more profitable configuration.

Streaming hasn’t been as empowering for cord cutters as it’s been made out to be.

Anything greater than $50 bucks a month is hardly a value service, IMHO.

I'm a happy cord cutter!! Streamers with live sports are all $65 now. HULU Live had a $54.95/month for 3 months special, so I jumped on it, Sept-Nov. Paying $65 for Dec and Jan, then I'll cancel until next September. I only keep these for football season. We have several VOD services that we average $5-6/month for. Well worth it - our selection of what we get to see is far improved over cable, and far cheaper, too. My bill to Cox went from $250+ "bundled" Cable, Phone, Internet to $85 for internet only. Even if I wanted year round Live TV, it would still be a savings, for me, over traditional cable. We went to Ooma VOIP phone, free service but have to pay $5.95/mo for taxes/fees.

Last edited:

I loved YTTV back when it was about $35 per mo. Like it less at $65.

I have perpetual angst paying for services I don’t watch (Netflix) much, if at all.

I feel like I need to launch a startup that allows you to buy a certain number of viewing credits across ALL the platforms. Eliminate any feelings of wastefulness.

I loved YTTV back when it was about $35 per mo. Like it less at $65.

I have perpetual angst paying for services I don’t watch (Netflix) much, if at all.

I feel like I need to launch a startup that allows you to buy a certain number of viewing credits across ALL the platforms. Eliminate any feelings of wastefulness.
I'll subscribe. Let me know!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been posted. If you have YouTube TV and want to watch the match, keep an eye on the negotiations between Google and Disney. ESPN may disappear from YouTube TV tonight, and if so, you'll need to switch to another provider to catch the match. I'll be switching to Hulu TV if that happens, but there are other options.
Hulu Live may be having the same issue. Just tried to find the game, and ESPN wants me to log in via my "cable provider" EDIT - just found the game listed on the schedule, and the ESPN channels are suddenly functional. Go figure.

Last edited:

I have Youtube TV and this is disappointing. I hope they work it all out...

I won't do Hulu. I refuse to help Disney/ESPN/ABC with their money-grab-move...right as bowl season starts. (How convenient).

Another note to those thinking of trying Hulu...you have to shut off your auto-proxy settings if your watching it on your PC or Phone.

In the meantime, I signed up for the 7 day free trial of FuboTV and hopefully it's all settled by then.

I just bookmarked this thread (i.e. "Watch") since it is such a good topic applicable to all the sports forums (i.e. football, basketball, etc as well as the current volleyball jerk-around) . "Terms' and 'Deals' offered are always changing, and everyone does a good job of updating their experience. Like everyone else, I'm getting tired of being continually 'jerked-around' by the tv Giants.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back