• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Youth Hunt

Smoker

Ed Force One
10 Year Member
@ksuhusker does a youth hunt
Here are some pictures from it.

Really Cool thing he is doing.
img20200404_122129.jpg
img20200404_122049.jpg
img20200404_122049.jpg
img20200404_122005.jpg

That is a nice tom. Very cool for the kids. Never had luck like that on my turkey 'hunting' trips. Usually saw a few on the drive but always seemed to wake up with a hangover. Drinking beer into the wee hours usually derailed our morning hunts. And our afternoon hunts too now that I think of it. But anyway, nice work @ksuhusker.

That is a nice tom. Very cool for the kids. Never had luck like that on my turkey 'hunting' trips. Usually saw a few on the drive but always seemed to wake up with a hangover. Drinking beer into the wee hours usually derailed our morning hunts. And our afternoon hunts too now that I think of it. But anyway, nice work @ksuhusker.
It's actually pretty easy, roost birds the evening before while nursing a hangover...thus not drinking as much the night before the hunt. We had it fairly easy because there is a good plot with a flock of 40 birds, they've been there all week and all day. We pretty much knew is was ours unless he missed. The bird came into sight at 7:12, and was dead at 7:16.

I got involved with JAKES Day back when my son was just turning 6. JAKES Day stands for Juniors Acquiring Knowledge Ethics and Sportsmanship Day and is sponsored by NWTF. Every year that we went they always had a drawing for a youth turkey hunt, thought perhaps you were fulfilling one of those give aways. Great program, we always had several hundred kids learning from professionals

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back