• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You know, there is some talent at NU

Let's see ...
2021 class, four 4-stars
2020 class, six remaining 4-stars (four left)
2019 class, four remain (three left)
2018 class, three remain (three left)

EDIT: I missed counting three four-stars that have transferred to Nebraska during this time frame.

The 2005 class (Callahan) was loaded -- ranked 8th nationally with one 5-star and 8 four-stars, including Zach Potter, Zach Bowman, Lucky, Suh, and Dillard (and others that developed into NFL players, such as Matt Slausen, Barry Turner, and Steve Octavien). 2006 class had five 4-stars, including Purify and Carl Nicks. 2007 class had six 4-stars, including Asante and Niles Paul (and non-4 star studs like Prince Amukamura, Crick, Helu).

Callahan couldn't coach (especially with Cosgrove's failures), but there was no doubt talent, which Bo inherited and did well with between 2008 and 2010.

I'm not questioning the recruiting sites' rankings. I'm questioning that we have more talent on our team now than at any point this century, which is what you said.

Regardless, we definitely have talent on our current team -- as I've also said. More talent than any other Big Ten West team for all of Frost's years -- at least based on recruiting rankings. That's not the problem -- and there obviously have been problems. My initial debate in this thread is the underdevelopment of talent under Frost -- at least thus far. We'll see in 2021.
I think the recruiting has always been about the same. Mid twenties sometimes higher occasionally lower. The Callahan class definitely being The outlier. Both you and Northwoods are right. He’s right we are young and inexperienced. The offensive line is very young but full of potential. Hopefully this is the year we see results.

The NFL would beg to differ.

Wisconsin, Iowa and even Minnesota have had more players drafted the last three years than we have.

And for our whole duration in the BIG, Wisconsin has been our equal if not better in talent. Just an honest look at their O-line, RB's and TE over that span compared to us would tell you that.

Add the outcomes of the head to head match ups and its hard to argue different.

GBR
That's called development something that has sorely lacked at Nebraska the last 6+ years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back