• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yori back home

Really nice to see Connie Yori back home at Creighton. And what an asset she will be. That being said, what a job coach Williams and staff have done. The girls are playing their hearts out and are a joy to watch. GBR.
What? Can you provide more info? Link?

Really nice to see Connie Yori back home at Creighton. And what an asset she will be. That being said, what a job coach Williams and staff have done. The girls are playing their hearts out and are a joy to watch. GBR.

Nothing but Best Wishes to Connie Yori for her continued success (except when she is going up against the Huskers! ;))

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/wome...cle_f862431e-016c-11e8-941a-f35b0ae52b6b.html

Tells a bit about her side of the story about leaving Nebraska. Other NU coaches weren't happy about the way she was treated.

She was one of the most respected coaches on campus. On Wednesday, former Nebraska volleyball coach Terry Pettit posted on Twitter that Yori “is the best basketball coach (male or female) that I witnessed in my 27 years at Nebraska. There are a dozen men’s coaches (Calipari, Pitino, Brown, Boeheim etc.) who put their schools on probation and kept their jobs. She deserved better support.”

Thanks for posting this excellent article in the OWH. Regardless of how it went down, here is a quote from another site that seems to me to be a good take on what transpired:
She probably could have gritted through that at the cost of her personal life. At the end of the day she did the right thing for her family and this is a great spot for her.
I know this is easy for me to say, being far removed from the heartland with no ties to the program other than what I read in the forums; But I hope this article will help us get some closure on this Sad Event. Connie is gone; Eichorst is gone; and certain players are gone; none ever to return.

Meanwhile, I am thoroughly enjoying the success of Today's Team! :Cheer2:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back